Has anyone experienced this?

Options
jackpotclown
jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
So yesterday I debate going to work out....not sure why, but whatever......I get annoyed with myself (because hey I'm not going to get stronger doing nothing lol), get my gym stuff ready and leave. I show up to the gym and am stopped as I see a film crew rolling cameras while a trainer is working out an overweight teen girl....had to sign a release form because apparently this is going to air on a network (reality show/true life/something to that tune) and I could end up in a background shot....so my question is this....has this ever happened to you? And if so, did it affect your workout? I'd like to think that it shouldn't, but can say it honestly did because the last thing I wanted was to be seen huffing and puffing on live tv, coincidental or not. I still worked hard, burned a decent amount of calories, but didn't go 100% at it

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    ooooooh was it chris powell?? lol

and LOL @ because the last thing I wanted was to be seen huffing and puffing on live tv
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options

and LOL @ because the last thing I wanted was to be seen huffing and puffing on live tv
    That was going to be my question! He's on Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss edition or whatever it's called.

Sorry your workout wasn't that great. :frown:
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Never - that god! Not a pretty sight when working out :laugh:
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    No, but I'd be the exact opposite and killing myself so I didn't look like a slacker on TV! LOL

And yesterday they would have caught me with my shirt on inside out. How I failed to notice that until I was 80% through my workout, I have no idea.
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    Never happened to me but... I hate it when some monster is bench pressing 5000 tons and grunting really loud while two Arnold Swartzenegger's are on each side of the bars making sure he does not crush his chest... Then it takes them 30 minutes to get all the 45lb plates back on the rack... Then its my turn on the bench and I look like Pee Wee Herman... Yea thats intimitating...
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Wow! Never happened to me but I think I would have personally tried even harder if I knew I was going to be on camera! I would also have a very determined look on my face and I'd be trying very hard to look like I was totally comfortable in the gym environment.

:bigsmile:
  • tristajanelle
    Options
    Wow kudos to you for still staying there and working out! I would have turned tail and gone home! lol
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options

No actually it was a female trainer, no one I knew.....and yeah I was just going to leave until I saw that a few of the regulars didn't let it bother them either....in fact once they left the treadmill area we all jumped on like 'the heck with it.....this is our house....and we're here to work it' LOL