Zucchini noodles

Options
I LOVE spaghetti but because I have changed my way of eating and trying to stay between 60 to 85 carbs a day, I purchased a spiralizer machine. I was a little sad to give up the noodles but seriously, I LOVED the zucchini noodles and couldn't really tell the difference. I'm excited to try it again! Oh I put cottage cheese on the side yummy!

Replies

• Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm not a pasta fan but I want to try the veggie noodles and spaghetti squash. I'm intrigued.
  • janette130
    janette130 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It was my first try but I'm excited to try more with it. :)
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have tried zoodles a few times, really like them! But I always liked zucchini, which helps. How you cook them is key. I sautée in a bit of butter. They have come out differently each time I cooked them. I found they need to be well drained of water, and they can't sit in the pan for 30 minutes while I cook other stuff or they get yucky mushy. Timing is key to good zoodles!

Have you tried cauliflower mash? It's another favorite that works in place of mashed potatoes. I add 3oz cream cheese to well a drained and cooked head of C and mash it with salt and pepper. Yum!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash and zucchini noodles are wonderful! A lot of the time I will saute spinach with garlic and use that for a pasta base. That's also super tasty.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I love my spiralizer! I do zucchini and have an addiction to beets.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I really want to get one of those things. Question: do you boil the zoodles like you do pasta? Or just saute them in a bit of oil?
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    We love our spiralizer too It is fun!
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I got one for Christmas and it awesome! I don't know why but I get giggly when I use it....it's really strange lol
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    @bzah10 inspiralized.com has a list of all different vegetables you can spiralize plus the different ways to prep them (some are in videos too)!

Her recipes are phenomenal.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    @bzah10 inspiralized.com has a list of all different vegetables you can spiralize plus the different ways to prep them (some are in videos too)!

Her recipes are phenomenal.

Thank you!
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I got a vegetti and loved the zoodles so much that I planted two plants for my garden this year. It will be nice to have fresh zoodles all summer long. (as zucchini grows like a freaking weed!) However, hubby doesn't care for them so real pasta for him.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I like zoodles but really really really like butternut squash noodles. Roasted, they have a little bit of bite (like al dente pasta) and don't get watery at all.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/roasted-spiralized-butternut-squash/
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    im a second gen born american italian.. so im pretty sure my bones are made of pasta. I learned how to make pasta as soon as i could knead dough ha. I make it fit because there is no substitute and never will be for me. I wish i liked zoodles but i cant do it. Sometimes i will half my pasta portion and sub zoodles but i need the real thing.
  • carolannfit
    carolannfit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just made Chicken Alfredo last night, served over zoodles. It was delicious!