Macronutrient distribution

Options
What are all of your macro distributions? Like which percent of calories is fat, protein, and carbs. How did you choose to distribute it that way? Having a hard time knowing how much I should do for each category. Any tips would be really helpful. Thanks!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a clue, start with MFP's default, 50% carbs, 30% fat, 20% protein. Log and try to hit goals. Pay attention to how you feel and your energy level and if it's easy to make your food taste good. If something is off, adjust. Don't fix something that's not broken.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    It depends on your personal goals. I lift heavy weight (for me). I have my macros set at 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat. But, without any specific goal, MFP's default is fine.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Just start with MFP's defaults...as you research and become more knowledgeable and start formulating other goals you can start worrying about your macros.

First things first...calories...get that figured out and your logging down (and accurate)...then start worrying about the other things that don't really matter too much.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Set to 15c/20p/65f. Yeh! :)
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    50c/25f/25p is the actual setting but it tends to fall in the 45c/30f/25p more often than not. I care more about hitting 100 + grams of protein/day than I do the percentages.
  • BeinLoved
    BeinLoved Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm focusing on fat loss while building muscle. I lift 5 days a week and my percentages are set at 38% protein, 33% carbs, 29% fat (185P/163C/62F)