Breakfast need help!

Options
Mitz_xo
Mitz_xo Posts: 10 Member
Just wanted some ideas on a BIG HEALHTY BREAKFAST!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Big as in a lot of food for not a lot of calories? Or big as in high calorie?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I had eggs, ham, cheese, toast with butter, homemade hash browns, coffee, a glass of milk and a grapefruit.
    647 cals.
    74Carbs 23Fat 39Protein
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    English muffin with jelly or peanut butter, turkey bacon, one or two eggs with additional egg whites, and fruit. (and coffee, duh)
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Breakfast burrito (large tortilla, 1 egg, yellow potato, veggies of your choice +/- cheese), Greek yogurt, and oatmeal. 400 cal for burrito, 150 cal for yogurt, and 150 cal for oatmeal. 700 cal and full for a long time. And coffee. Always coffee
  • sarahpedrys
    sarahpedrys Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat frosted mini wheats, because it has most of your daily value of iron. Then I snack on something small like 2 hard-boiled eggs before lunch. I make lunch my largest meal of the day because I go to work right after, and need the calories for a busy job.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I do a meatless taco type deal. I scrambled 2-3 eggwhites and eat on top of either a 1/2 or whole soft taco tortilla with medium hot salsa, shredded cheese. It's the most filling breakfast I eat that has eggs in it. I tend to get hungry pretty quick after an egg meal.

I will also eat tuna some mornings. I mix 2-3 ounces of tuna with pickles, light mayo, mustard and eat on a low calorie bread or hungry girl flatbread. Depends on what I have in the house. I will eat carrot sticks as a side dish.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Bacon, eggs, cheese.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Roasted vegetable egg white casserole with chicken verde and salsa.
  • jcsgirl86
    jcsgirl86 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't do mornings very well so I am a quick grab and go breakfast gal. About once every two weeks I spend an hour or so doing breakfast food prep for the next couple of weeks so I can just grab, heat in the microwave if needed, and go. Here's my go-to breakfast meals:

Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight oats (these are eaten cold and taste more like a dessert) So yummy! I use PB2 instead of creamy peanut butter which doesn't seem to change the taste to me and puts the calories at about 330.
    http://domesticate-me.com/vegan-peanut-butter-and-banana-overnight-oats/

Frozen Breakfast Quesadillas - I wrap these as burritos instead of doing as a quesadilla. It travels better on my way to work. I use the Xtreme Wellness whole wheat tortillas and make 4 instead of 3 and it comes to 210 calories per burrito. I freeze these individually and just do a quick heat in the microwave to go.
    http://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/frozen-breakfast-quesadillas

No recipe for this but I also make canadian bacon, egg and cheese bagel sandwiches. If I'm making 8 sandwiches I use 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites scrambled together and poured into a casserole dish. I bake it in the oven at 350 just until the egg cooks through and then cut into squares. (Sometimes I saute spinach & garlic and add into the egg mixture before cooking.) I use Thomas' Whole Wheat bagel thins and top with egg square, 2 slices of canadian bacon and 1/2 slice of cheddar cheese and then freeze individually. These heat quickly in the microwave. They are about 200 calories per sandwich.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Whats your version of healthy?
    Waffles. Whatever you want to put on top.
    Fried eggs
    skillet made Home fries
    country/canadian ham
    Omlettes - sky is the limit with filling
    Hard boiled eggs
    Leftovers
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i make breakfast bowls almost every morning.. eggs, cheese, potatoes, avocado, salsa and sometimes beans or chicken breakfast sausage.
  • mrcs_jolly
    mrcs_jolly Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Smoothie breakfast (low calorie, rich in protein and fiber, and tasty): 1 dannon 80 calorie light and fit greek yogurt; 6 oz. of liquid egg whites; 5-6 ice cubes; 2 handfuls of baby spinach and baby kale; Blend ingredients. I drink that shake with 1 or 2 mild Italian chicken sausages.