NSV/this is what it's about for me

Options
Thriceshy
Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
I've been sick the past almost week--UTI, I guess, some serious kidney/flank pain, etc. The Cipro is beating me up. So I almost didn't go grocery shopping last night with hubby and son. But I wanted to pick my own vitamin waters, so I went. As I walked in the doors, I considered getting a motorized cart because I really am feeling lousy. But I decided instead to walk as far as I felt I could, and then send my boy for a cart if it became necessary.

It didn't.

I was on my feet for over 60 minutes, and I was walking for most of that. And not just moseying, I was walking at a decent clip for most. I traversed the entire Walmart Supercenter three times, with various up and down aisles thrown in. Did my back hurt? A little, but nothing major. Understand, I have two herniated and one ruptured disk in my back--three months ago, I wouldn't have made it five minutes without needing a motorized cart. I would have been leaning heavily on the grocery cart as it became increasingly difficult to make my right leg work through the pain. Three months ago, I couldn't stay on my feet long enough to wash dishes or cook a quick breakfast. I had to do it from a chair.

I can walk. For an hour. That's what I'm talking about!

Kris

Replies

• lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Cipro is awful! I hate taking it, and it makes your pee orange...so disorientating
  • heatherseona
    heatherseona Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow, that must have felt nice. Inspirational. :drinker:
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This is such a good NSV. I am so happy for you. The more you try, the more you will be able to do.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's an amazing NSV to accomplish in such a short time. You must be feeling fantastic. :flowerforyou:
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Wow. 66 lbs gone. Chances are you were carrying most of what was in your shopping cart 24/7. No wonder you couldn't walk. Fantastic job! I can't imagine what it would feel like to be 60 lbs down, but I need to go 125 lbs to hit my goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!