Fast weight loss

Options
I'm 5 7 and 162 now I jus got out of bootcamp and I lost 15 pounds while I was there with good diet and steady weight lose so I k ow I can do it . I want to lose 7 pounds in a week I'm going to try the GM diet , any reviews ? Or suggestions?

Replies

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    why the rush? You are now 15 lbs down. You know you can do it. Why screw up success with false deadlines and a change in what is working?
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Which Branch? 7 pounds in a week is a bit much....... remember in bootcamp you are walking , running everywhere..... lets us not for get the random PT sessions that drill instructors like to hand out. The food there is no junk food or soda and you were there anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks. If you try to loose 7 pounds in a week you will hurt yourself. Especially if you have more training to do!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    not healthy. Most of the loss is going to be water and then a large portion is going to come from your lean body mass (muscles, bones, etc) with a deficit that large.

Recommended for safe healthy weight loss by the National Institute of Health is 1-2 lbs per week. Typical recommendations are:

- No more than 1% of your body weight per week (for you that is 1.6 lbs)
    - 0.5 lbs per week loss if you have less than 25 lbs to lose
    - 1 lb per week loss if you have 25 - 50 lbs to lose
    - 1.5 lb per week loss if you have 50 - 75 lbs to lose
    - 2 lbs per week loss if you have 75 + lbs to lose
  • AmandaJuneFit
    AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    7 pounds in one week is a lot!!! that can be very dangerous for you and if you do that i feel you may gain the weight back on very easily! My goal is to loose 2lbs per week which i feel is very reasonable.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The GM diet has a ton of bad reviews on here - I'm sure you can find them with the search function. Hope you don't have more training to do - or any work for that matter - don't want to end up in the hospital when you crash. That'll make a great impression on your superiors.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    To lose 7 lbs in a week you need a daily caloric deficit of 3500. Lets say your maintenance is 3000, so in order to lose 1 lb per day you will have to burn 500 calories from exercise, an not eat anything. If you eat 2,000 cals you will have to burn 2,500 from exercise.

So not very doable and if it is, it is not healthy, most likely a lot of weight will be from lean muscle and water, I assume it is fat you want to lose? not just weight.
  • buckman803
    buckman803 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, I did this and ended up having all sorts of blood tests for liver function, kidney failure, diabetes etc, listen to the advice given above, too much weight loss too quickly really affects you socially and at work....anger becomes an issue as you body tries to cope with the starvation...
    Took months to sort out my nutrition, water is the key along with correct portion size....
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    reeseraven wrote: »
    I'm 5 7 and 162 now I jus got out of bootcamp and I lost 15 pounds while I was there with good diet and steady weight lose so I k ow I can do it . I want to lose 7 pounds in a week I'm going to try the GM diet , any reviews ? Or suggestions?

Fast weight loss usually ends up with a fast regain of all your weight plus a little extra.
    Suit yourself, but don't ever say you weren't warned...