Protein

Options
What foods are highest in protein, and easiest to eat?

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    What does "easiest to eat" mean? What do you find difficult to eat?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Like easy to prepare? Or literally easy to eat?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    poultry, meat, and fish are going to be your greatest sources of protein...tofu and other soy products for veg sourced protein.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast, raw egg whites, and skim milk shake. Add salt to taste. You don't even have to chew.
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. Just watch sugar content. Some can be ridiculously high.
  • KatieRichardson2015
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm trying to gain weight. And literally easy to eat. :-) I've been adding cream to mash and using full fat milk and stuff.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm trying to gain weight. And literally easy to eat. :-) I've been adding cream to mash and using full fat milk and stuff.

I know you're trying to gain weight, but gotta point out that skim milk actually has more protein than full fat. Also, although adequate protein is important for everyone, it's more important when you're cutting than when you're bulking.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    What foods are highest in protein, and easiest to eat?

Chicken, steak, egg whites, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt...try adding protein powder to oatmeal, yogurt, pancakes, etc. Or go the easiest way and just mix with milk for a shake.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Protein bars are also my favorite. I usually eat 2 x day to supplement my diet and reach my goal in addition to eating protein filled foods.
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »

I know you're trying to gain weight, but gotta point out that skim milk actually has more protein than full fat.

No it doesn't.
  • janjunie
    Options
    eeejer wrote: »

I know you're trying to gain weight, but gotta point out that skim milk actually has more protein than full fat.

No it doesn't.

Well it does in Canada. Thought it was the same everywhere...guess not.
  • mrcs_jolly
    mrcs_jolly Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Chicken, turkey breast, lean ground turkey, lean ground beef, tuna, fish, non fat greek yogurt, turkey jerky, egg whites. If you want to gain weight, carb manipulation is key...increase carb intake to gain, decrease carb intake to lose.
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options

No it doesn't.

I live in Canada. There is no difference in protein in one cup of milk for instance. Maybe you mean per calorie. However, skim milk is only distantly related to food, so I would counsel you to just drink actual milk.
  • janjunie
    Options

No it doesn't.

I live in Canada. There is no difference in protein in one cup of milk for instance. Maybe you mean per calorie. However, skim milk is only distantly related to food, so I would counsel you to just drink actual milk.

No I meant per cup, but it looks like it depends on the brand. There is a difference with avalon milk, but not with island farms milk. Wasn't aware.
  • janjunie
    Options

No it doesn't.

:s

• KatieRichardson2015
    Options
    Thank you yeah I didn't mean I had the milk for protein just to help me gain weight. I'm a hard gainer. Just finding a way to put more protein into my diet too.
  • KatieRichardson2015
    Options
    Protein bars are also my favorite. I usually eat 2 x day to supplement my diet and reach my goal in addition to eating protein filled foods.

Thank you i am going to give this a go. :-)
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    poultry, meat, and fish are going to be your greatest sources of protein...tofu and other soy products for veg sourced protein.

+1

Also- peanut butter, nuts, yogurt and cottage cheese and protein shakes