I need to Lose 2lbs a week, For 2months!

Options
Ok so I was 200pounds in June 2015 when I have birth to my son :) I have been going to the gym 6days a week I do 40mins of cardio and than weight training I am now 138lbs I am getting stuck between 138-140 In order for me to meet my goal of being 120 again by June 3 2016 (My sons first birthday) I will need to lose 2lbs a week for the next two months! I have come so far. So their is no reason I should not be able to meet this goal. Please any tips on how I can get unstuck and start losing 2lbs a week!???? I only drink water nothing else! I eat around 1060 cals a day and am working my but off on the gym! I'll take any help???

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    2lbs is a little too aggressive actually. .5/1lb is a more realistic goal with the amount of weight that you have left to lose. 1060 calories + burning more seems like too little to properly fuel your body.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    No. At your weight already, losing 2 pounds a week for 2 moths is simply unrealistic.

Any advice that would be offered that would achieve your goal would be harmful to your health in one way or another.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough, first of all. Minimum you should eat is 1200 with eating back exercise cals.
    2nd of all, you're close to goal - 2lbs a week is no longer realistic. 1/2-1 lb a week is.
    Readjust your expectations to realistic and safe ones.
  • casandra_zamarripa
    casandra_zamarripa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Aww boo ;( lol I was in hopes that I was not to the point where it's harder to lose weight Thank you all I guess I will be upping the cal intake
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're netting 1200 calories a day. Weigh all your solid food to the gram, and measure liquids so you know for a matter of a fact how much you are eating. It'll come off with time and patience.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others--2 lbs per week is way too aggressive as you are so close to goal.

Also--even if you reset your goal to 0.5 lbs per week, accuracy in tracking becomes vital now.
  • negirl527
    negirl527 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eliminate sodium and eat few processed foods. Increase your roughage.Change up your gym routine. Try swimming laps if you have access to a pool. Walk 20 minutes after dinner,etc. You won't lose 2 lbs a week,
    maybe 1lb.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Remember to congratulate yourself for the amazing progress you've made - you may not reach your ultimate goal by your son's birthday, but you have done an awesome job and should be proud of it! The rest will come off in time. :smile:
  • vfuentes0715
    vfuentes0715 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    since you've already made it so far (Congrats by the way!) at this point aiming for 1 pound a week would be best and most realistic. Im sure you will still look great by your sons birthday; don't let a number discourage you :)
  • casandra_zamarripa
    Options
    Thanks so much SueSueDio && vfuentes0715 <3
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    negirl527 wrote: »
    Eliminate sodium and eat few processed foods. Increase your roughage.Change up your gym routine. Try swimming laps if you have access to a pool. Walk 20 minutes after dinner,etc. You won't lose 2 lbs a week,
    maybe 1lb.

Nope nope nope. Eat at a reasonable calorie deficit. Sodium is fine, and necessary, in moderation, and there's nothing wrong with processed foods.
  • rhinomikeh
    rhinomikeh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    CongratuIations on your 60 lb weight loss. I encourage to get your body fat measured by a Personal Trainer so you can determine the % Fat and % Lean Body Mass (LBM) You currently have. You may find that weighing 130 lbs -135 lbs is a new reality. Especially if you percentage of LBM has increased. Please understand that scale weight is just part of the equation.
  • drpsamin
    drpsamin Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Try to eat as clean as u can and workout as much as u can and accept whatever weight loss that comes with it.
  • veliia
    veliia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow u lost so much weigt already!congrats :)
    Ok so I was 200pounds in June 2015 when I have birth to my son :) I have been going to the gym 6days a week I do 40mins of cardio and than weight training I am now 138lbs I am getting stuck between 138-140 In order for me to meet my goal of being 120 again by June 3 2016 (My sons first birthday) I will need to lose 2lbs a week for the next two months! I have come so far. So their is no reason I should not be able to meet this goal. Please any tips on how I can get unstuck and start losing 2lbs a week!???? I only drink water nothing else! I eat around 1060 cals a day and am working my but off on the gym! I'll take any help???

• WannaBeDiesel
    WannaBeDiesel Posts: 17 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I think at this point, you should start lifting (if not already), run/sprint in intervals and consume the necessary calories to fuel your body. But adding weight lifting will help you burn calories in addition to your healthy food choices and calorie intake. I also agree with others, with so little to lose yet, 2 lbs is aggressive. But if you give yourself more time you will definitely hit your goal. Eat your calories though, your body needs it! Outstanding work thus far! And Good luck on reaching your goal even if it may be later than you had planned. You will do it regardless!
  • casandra_zamarripa
    Options
    Thank all of you so much! I have upped my calories and will actually be changing my meals again Monday! Also trying something new :) Great advice I appreciate each and every reply :)
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Thank all of you so much! I have upped my calories and will actually be changing my meals again Monday!Also trying something new :) Great advice I appreciate each and every reply :)

That'll be the supplements you've been asking about in your other thread? Just stick with a calorie deficit and you'll be fine. Don't waste your money on snake oil.