almost time for a new phone OH NO!!

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
It's almost time for me to get a new phone, but I am now limited in my choices because I refuse to get a phone where I can't have my fitness pal as an app. Luckily I like Droid and the IPhone, but can I get the app with any of the types of droid phones or is it only available for some of them?

Replies

• Riotactor10
    Options
    If it's in the Android Market then it is available to all Android phones...no problems there :)
  • soxmandan
    soxmandan Posts: 26
    Options
    If you need a phone now, get a droid, most should have the app (I really don't know, I have an iPhone)

But if you wanna wait till like september-ish, the new iPhone will be out so you might wanna look at that. Whatever works best for you.
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    I got the Blackberry Torch and MFP is sooo easy to use on it.
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Just for info, I just got the new Droid Thunderbolt. Absolutely love, it but the battery REALLY sucks (figuratively and literally). MFP app also works fine on it.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love love love love looooooooooooooooove my iphone. I never go the hype of them, until I got mine. Now I don't know what I'd do without it. Itunes for when I'm at the gym, MFP app, Angry Birds, etc.. :-)
  • RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Atrix with lapdock.
    Wasn't going to get the lapdock at first, but it was on sale. I'm SO glad I did. It makes my phone into a laptop, or an uber phone.

Also much much faster than an iphone4. That's specs talking. Not me.

ATT only of course.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I have a Droid X, which you can now get pretty cheap considering the Droid X 2 is available.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    the battery REALLY sucks

Cool. Bet its good for the male market?
  • spampeg
    spampeg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'd highly recommend an Android phone -- just make sure you don't get one of the lower end phones. My wife and I both have the HTC Thunderbolt and absolutely love it. The Samsung Charge is also great, fast and an even more beautiful screen. Once you use the 4.3" screen, you'll never want to use another tiny phone again. MFP has very little requirements and will work on any Android device.

And even though I wouldn't recommend an iPhone, I agree --- if you get one, wait until the iPhone5 comes out. No reason to get a new phone with old technology on a two year contract.

tdonlin - I thought so too at first, but now can get a full day USUALLY no problem. If you don't live in a 4G/LTE area, try turning off 4G on your phone. It alone can increase battery life by 20-30%.
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    The Moto Droid 3 is releasing in the next couple weeks... I have the original Moto Droid... I can't wait!!