FIrst NSV's and 6 months in!

Options
So, I am 6 months on my way to a healthier and fitter me! This week, I have finally noticed some big differences in my body! Others have made comments on noticing I am loing weight but now I am seeing it!
During Zumba class I found myself looking at my reflection in the mirror almost the entire class, checking myself out! LOL I can see my cheek bones more, noticed I can smile and NOT have a second chin, seh musdles in my arms and legs more, and can see my collar bone more!
Then TOM came for a visit and I noticed that though my stomach did bloat a bit, it wasn't anywhere near what it normally was when TOM is here. Even managed ot get the scale to go down a pound despite it!!!!!
As for clothes, my shorts are falling down and I need to wear belts with everything I own for pants inorder to not ahve to hike them up every 5 minutes. When one of my little daycare kiddos puls on a pant leg, I have to grab the top of my pants to keep them from falling down! LOL
I ahve jsut about hit the half way mark to my goal, just 1 more lb and I will be at the half way point! I am quite proud of myself, the energy I have, the way I look, the determination that seems to keep getting stronger, and the control I have when it comes to junk food and just not really wanting it most of the time. I feel like a reformed junk food junkie!!!!!!!!
Just wanted to share some of the successes with everyone on MFP. It is possible to do this, even in your 40's!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• pldmi
    pldmi Posts: 9
    Options
    Way to go you should be proud of yourself that is a great accomplishment.
  • sparrow747
    sparrow747 Posts: 87
    Options
    what a great success! i totally hear you about checking yourself out - i catch myself staring at my reflection way too much these days! and we should! you've accomplished so much!
  • brickok
    brickok Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome and you SHOULD be so proud of yourself.
    It takes alot of determination to get off of the junk food but you are doing it!!!
    Way to go!
  • biellas
    biellas Posts: 39
    Options
    Congratulations! Your story is very inspiring. I keep hovering close to my halfway mark but still have 2-3 pounds to go before I pass it. Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!