Whole30 - I don't think I'm doing this right

Options
I started whole30 a couple of days ago and have followed the rules. But I'm concerned because I don't think I'm getting enough calorie intake. I've been eating large salads for lunch (without dressing), eggs, fruit and meat for breakfast, plantain chips as a snack, I throw in a larabar (haven't today) and I work out in the mornings. I just finished lunch and my snack and I have 1,001 calories left to eat. Clearly, I'm doing this wrong. Does anyone have high calorie, whole30 friendly suggestions for breakfast, snacks, dinner?

Replies

• natarat07
    natarat07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh I also eat dinner - usually grilled veggies and a protein.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Open your food diary and people will be able to help you better.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    What's your daily calorie goal? Why do you think you're doing something wrong, if you haven't finished eating for the day, and you have calories left over so you can eat?
  • M111111111
    M111111111 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You can add me and take a look at my diary if you want. I just completed a whole90. Still eating compliant. I log everyday
  • M111111111
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I cook with Extra Virgin olive oil everyday and that helps me get in my calories as well as healthy fats. Nuts are also a high calorie snack I tend to incorporate :)
  • gordonfreas
    gordonfreas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me and take a look at my diary if you want. I just completed a whole90. Still eating compliant. I log everyday

What are your go to breakfast options? I'm only in day 5 of a whole30 and breakfast is the biggest challenge to find variety that's compliant.
  • M111111111
    edited April 2016
    Options

What are your go to breakfast options? I'm only in day 5 of a whole30 and breakfast is the biggest challenge to find variety that's compliant.

Typically I'm rushed in the morning and need something that I can quickly grab on my way out the door. I often make up a batch of egg/sausage muffin cups that I can quickly pop in the microwave before heading out the door.

If it's a day I have more time...I eat a lot of eggs.. But switch up how I prepare them. Adding a bunch of veggies into my omelettes gives its more volume and makes me feel full longer! Have you tried prosciutto yet? It's delicious and I incorporate it into my breakfasts a lot.
  • gordonfreas
    gordonfreas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Prosciutto omelette would be great! Any concern of increasing your cholesterol due to all the eggs at breakfast?
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Def don't forget your healthy fats! They should be part of every meal & snack. Olive oil, coconut oil, ghee butter, avocados & nuts. Add some oil & vinegar to those salads & they'll taste a whole lot better!
  • MissKeeleyMarie
    MissKeeleyMarie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough. Plus whole30 specifically tells you not to track calories or weigh yourself. If you purchased the book it starts with food and follow the meal plan you should have no issue. My first whole30 was similar to yours but the goal is to eat enough that you're not hungry until your next meal.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to eat a serving of fat with every meal. Nuts, oil, avocado, etc.

You aren't supposed to be snacking either with the exception of one pre workout snack.

Also, you say you have 1000 calories left to eat but you also worked out. Is it possible you are overestimating your exercise calories?

And like someone else noted you aren't supposed to count calories on Whole 30.