Do "body wraps" actually work?

Options
do body wraps work? Like the itworks wraps or whatever. Just curious! Thanks

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You might see a temporary change for an event (though not everyone does and some people have the opposite reaction). But for long-term, actual fat loss? No, they don't work.
  • kadiebabyx3
    kadiebabyx3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You might see a temporary change for an event (though not everyone does and some people have the opposite reaction). But for long-term, actual fat loss? No, they don't work.

thanks!
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

thanks!

I'd say they're good for an event, or if you're going to be somewhere like an amusement park. I say amusement park because you're going to be on rides and you need to comfortably fit in the seat and restraints.
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You know what they are good for? Firming the skin up and making it soft at the same time. I swear! I do one that involves gentling scrubbing on Epsom salts and coconut oil, then wrapping my middle section in clingfilm then sitting for about an hour with a heating pad or hot water bottle. You're sweating out excess water, so depending on you weight situation you could TEMPORARILY go down an inch or two round your tummy. I don't do it for that though, I have a long way to go with my weight loss but the feeling it gives me skin is great!
  • kadiebabyx3
    kadiebabyx3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You know what they are good for? Firming the skin up and making it soft at the same time. I swear! I do one that involves gentling scrubbing on Epsom salts and coconut oil, then wrapping my middle section in clingfilm then sitting for about an hour with a heating pad or hot water bottle. You're sweating out excess water, so depending on you weight situation you could TEMPORARILY go down an inch or two round your tummy. I don't do it for that though, I have a long way to go with my weight loss but the feeling it gives me skin is great!

thanks!
  • lisakhouck
    lisakhouck Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I went to a party for an It Works rep just as a favor for a friend and didn't notice any difference at all. I wouldn't buy them.
  • ladytwilight72
    ladytwilight72 Posts: 70 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm a licensed esthetician...wraps are good for a short term effect and results will vary . They are not a long term or ongoing fix