Will 50lbs weightloss make a difference?

Options
2»

Replies

• swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You will know! And the longer you are on your journey the more confident you will be. Do this for you. Losing weight has helped me realize that I can be successful about this. You have totally got this!
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9", and have lost 25 lbs. People are JUST NOW starting to notice. Keep it up, you're doing GREAT!
  • Traveling_Kimw
    Traveling_Kimw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    They may not notice that you are a certain number of pounds lighter but they will for sure notice your increase in confidence and the ease in which you carry yourself. Start putting $5 per pound into a jar as you lose and then the week before, take that money and buy a killer outfit. If possible, ask the sales lady or a coworker to put a few outfits together for you to try on. You may be surprised what others would recognize as your new style well before you would envision in for yourself.
  • Cyndiaquino
    Cyndiaquino Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have lost a little over 56 pounds so far and I get comments all the time from my friends or family. You will definitely notice, it's a big difference.
  • xbrains
    xbrains Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Of course. That's a lot! You're doing great. :smile: I suck at noticing when people change something. Weight loss is the hardest to notice if those people see you daily!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Here's my thought on it. Whether people notice or not, IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. Carrying 50 less pounds daily will take stress of your joints, reduce some overload on your heart and generally make it easier to move around. That itself is worth it alone.
    Don't just rely on people to notice. Most people don't even care. They may say they do, but they really don't. As long as you're feeling better and watching your clothes get looser, then that's what really matter.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add that people may notice but not say anything. People lose weight for bad reasons, too. I lost about 20 pounds last summer because my father was dying. I was so emotional that I literally could not eat. People lose weight because they have cancer, are going through a divorce or other trauma, etc. I'd be careful of saying anything if I noticed somebody was losing weight.