red faced

Options
The amalleat amount of exercise leaves my face bright red for like 3 hours later soo embarassing why is this?

Replies

• donnarooney663
    donnarooney663 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Smallest****
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Me too, some people are just that way.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I have always been that way. It's one of the reasons I don't like to exercise at lunch time during the work week.
  • SIMAKRA
    SIMAKRA Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Me too, a tomatoe is pale in comparison. I look at the bright side, it brings out my bue eyes :p
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Me too, which is why I never work out in the morning before going to class/work. People assume I've been crying. :|
  • karenlwashburn
    karenlwashburn Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I get red only if I exercise hard in the Summer months. Especially if I've walked 8 miles or so. I've had people stop me concerned. I'm a natural redhead with dark eyes so I tan, I really don't get what makes it happen as my skin is pretty thick for a red head. I guess it's as my husband says "better red than dead".. what ever that means!!
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I get red faced too but I think the fitter I get, the better it gets.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I called pbs radio doc Zorba Paster several years ago about my red face, and he said that we're just very good at releasing heat from our faces and heads!
  • liftzilla16
    liftzilla16 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Mostly just has to do with your body and complexion, but there's always those few people who just forget to properly breathe during exercise so make sure you're doing that! :)
  • rlr5072
    rlr5072 Posts: 22 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Me too! I used to be embarrassed about it, but now I honestly can't be bothered to care much. I used to think people would assume I was out of shape when they looked at me, but over the years I've come to accept it. I'm pretty pale and eventually realized it's nothing I have the power to change. If I'm not red after exercise, I start questioning how hard I worked. :D Keep rocking the red face! I don't really even notice it now.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I do too so when I am done working out I take cool wash clothes and hold them on my face for a few minutes. It really helps in my opinion. I rinse with fresh cool water and hold for about 30 seconds for about 5 minutes.
  • donnarooney663
    Options
    Thanks guys i really panicked as i looked and felt sunburned i presum its as im so unfit and.people were really concerned soo embarassing
  • BrookeOB777
    BrookeOB777 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Pale girl here! I get really red after cardio! It's worse if I haven't worked out I'm a while so hopefully as you build up your endurance it will improve. No shame in being pale though haha
  • donnarooney663
    Options
    Yeah im really pale aswell lol hope so its so embarassing
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Happens to me, too. Plus my face is hot for hours afterward. If I exercise outside, I'm careful to always remember sunscreen, because sun exposure makes it worse. Any kind of wind, too.

I took a course of Accutane in my thirties due to severe acne (on my back--I never had acne on my face, not even in adolescence) and my face has been redder, in general, ever since. It's just me, now.
  • donnarooney663
    Options
    Aww really yeah mines feel.sunburned and.so warm.for ages after too
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i get it too. i've read it's genetic.

but also i am a sweater too. so i totally look like a hot mess
  • donnarooney663
    Options
    Yeah thinkcit.might be genetic coz my brothers the same just aswell i dnt wear.make.up.to class haha
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    I have always been that way. It's one of the reasons I don't like to exercise at lunch time during the work week.

This. I totally envy the girl in the team behind me who goes out to the gym at lunch and comes back looking just as fresh faced! Also agree that we should just embrace it though :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Yep. When I was a teen I used to sneak out to play volleyball when I should have been doing my homework. My face would always betray me and get me in trouble.