SOC Week 6

Options
Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much lately but I am def going to be around for the rest of the summer.
We have about 11 weeks left before we go back to school. That could either be a lot or a little. But it's time to start kicking this diet into gear.
I'm starting Insanity tomorrow and I cannot wait. If any of you want to try it, message me and I can send you links to the videos.
This week I want you all to post the problems you are dealing with right now. I want everyone to try and help each other. It's about the middle (ish) of our journey and if we want to have a successful summer we need to tackle the problems right now.

Fitness challenge: Do at least 30 mins of intense cardio exercise 3 days a week. Post here what exercise you did
Food challenge: Do not go out to eat at all, if you do, post the healthiest options possible

*******IMPORTANT******
I am not posting the data for this week because a lot of it is missing. Please MESSAGE me last week's weigh in for 6/22 and 6/15 if you have it. Please identify which is which in the email

******IMPORTANT*****
People who haven't given me any data for 3+ weeks I will be deleting from the sheet this week to clean things up and keep this group focused. I know I haven't been here but there are many people who signed up and never gave me any new data at all. I want to keep everyone in the group motivated.

Replies

• Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hey! I missed you! I hope you had one heck of a time in Florida!
    Alright, my scale has hardly budged... It's making me upset. But, I'm not letting that get to me. I know it will go down. I just know it. Problems that I'm having this week is getting back into the habit of drinking soda. Bah. Especially when going out to eat. I usually try to get tea or water- but these past couple of weeks, I've been so horrible.

As of this morning I was 181.0 so... I think I have been stuck there for a couple of weeks, I can't remember.
    Um I know I wrote on your wall about the weigh ins, but I can't remember my exact weights for right now.
    Challenges accepted! I hope you have an absolutely wonderful week!
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad you're back!
    My weight for 6/15: 139.5

6/22: 139.0

Right now, I'm trying to work in two very low carb dinners a week (on my rest day and one of my strength training days--I can't run without bread!). I always feel a slight panic right before I make dinner (I think, "Hells bells, I can't do this! Must. Eat. Pasta.), but whatever I have is always really good and super satisfying. The problem, though, is that I find hitting my calorie goal to be near impossible without carbs. Tonight, for example, I had a massive salad (which was crazy delicious), and a protein shake a little later, but I still didn't hit 1200 for the day. Have any of you had a similar problem? Does anyone have suggestions? I'm not really up for guzzling olive oil or eating plain red meat.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad you're back!
    My weight for 6/15: 139.5

6/22: 139.0

Right now, I'm trying to work in two very low carb dinners a week (on my rest day and one of my strength training days--I can't run without bread!). I always feel a slight panic right before I make dinner (I think, "Hells bells, I can't do this! Must. Eat. Pasta.), but whatever I have is always really good and super satisfying. The problem, though, is that I find hitting my calorie goal to be near impossible without carbs. Tonight, for example, I had a massive salad (which was crazy delicious), and a protein shake a little later, but I still didn't hit 1200 for the day. Have any of you had a similar problem? Does anyone have suggestions? I'm not really up for guzzling olive oil or eating plain red meat.

Peanut butter and apples! Oh my dang. So good! A cup of blueberries, umm... Cookies? Jk jk. Fill up with fruit or veggies. Even eat an avocado. Half of one is like 183 calories. O
  • Sarac715
    Sarac715 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    For 6/22 I am at 143. Hopefully I will stay there if nothing else.

The biggest challenge I have been having actually is eating out. Which will make this challenge difficult. Not so much this week, but more the first week of July. I will be visiting home for the week and probably won't be able to prepare food like I have been. So I am really nervous about that because i have been doing pretty well. Except last weekend I gained 3 pounds in 2 days! :( That was due to all the eating out and drinking I did :(

I'm almost getting to 10 pounds lost, and I don't want to ruin it all when I go home for the 4th. I will be bringing my bike but still, last weekend I exercised pretty hard those two days and still gained the weight. I guess I just need to try and stay away from drinking at least.
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    I think I did fairly well during my vacation. Did a lot of walking to burn off anything kind of bad I ate. I also realized I eat a lot of chicken. Is that bad? However, when I got home I started my time of the month and of course it threw off my weight :( so i have no idea how well I actually did. I was so excited to see too :( I think I'll be able to have a decent weigh in tomorrow morning so I'll post my weight for this week then. My last weigh--in had me at 174lbs

I think I need to start making absolutely sure that I get in SOME exercise on days I happen to splurg (like today) I wasn't going to go to the gym. I've been working non stop since I've gotten back from vacation and was excited for a day off, but I may have to hop on the treadmill or in the pool to help balance myself out some today.

Oh, and question. It seems that on days when I don't lose weight on the scale I lose inches on some part on my body. And, usually, I don't lose inches in my waist,chest, or hips on the same days that I lose inches on my arms and legs. Does this happen to anyone else?
  • jbrod19
    jbrod19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

weigh-in 6/22: 162

So my biggest problem is that I started an internship a couple of weeks ago and it's everyday 9-5 and i'm having a really hard time fitting workouts in. One good thing about the internship is that I don't snack AT ALL during the day, which is great because I'm usually a big snacker. I also found an AMAZING and healthy salad place near my office, which I eat at everyday for lunch. I get home from work around 6 and then I eat dinner at 6:30 and I can't work out after I eat so I usually end up going to the gym around 8 but I'm always so tired :( In the beginning of summer I was doing really well going to the gym 6 times a week, but now it's down to like 3 or 4. I guess I just have to get really focused for my weekend workouts (when I'm not tired) and go as hard as I can to make up for my lacking weekday workouts.

Challenges accepted!! I'm going to try hard to do 30 min of intense cardio at least 3 times a week and see how that goes. My family and I usually go out to eat on the weekends, but I'll see if we can have a home-cooked meal instead!
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm glad we're getting this group focused again! (:

Weigh-In 6/22: 150

Fitness Challenge: 30 minutes of intense cardio exercise 3 days a week--got it! I'm training for my first 5K, which is on July 4th (so close! eeeeee!) so I'm doing practice 5K runs every other day...up and down hills. Yeesh. Heart rate easily goes up between 180-200. The terrain near my house is just plain rugged. It's giving me nice definition in my legs, though. :laugh: The race course is supposed to be "flat and fast", so I'm hoping that my best time so far, 31:33, will come down below 30 minutes on race day, since I won't be slogging up hills for once.

Food Challenge: Welp I already ruined this one. I went out to eat today, to see a friend from high school that I haven't seen in three months. BUT. Good news. Found some healthy food options. Get the BLTA Croissant (Bacon-Lettuce-Turkey-Avocado!) at Red Robin, and exchange the fries for a side salad with balsalmic vinaigrette on the side, free of charge. And don't use the ludicrous amount of dressing they give you. I barely used 1/4 of the amount the server brought out. Shouldn't be eating out the rest of the week (the boyfriend and I are making dinner for ourselves tomorrow night for our date night)!
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I posted all of my recent weight loss on your wall. Do you actually need it in a *message*? lol

I've been on a giant plateau for like a month now, can't seem to get below 154.... lowest I've seen is 154.2. It was suggested to me that I should increase my calories for awhile though, so I've been doing that. Haven't seen a loss yet, but no gain either which is a positive.

My main problem is that I'm so busy!! I work 40 hours a week, and when I get off of work I go and study for the PCAT. (Pharmacy School Admissions Test). I take that test on July 20th, so for the time being it has taken priority over weight loss. After that point though, it'll free up a lottttt of time for more working out. Currently all I can fit in is a JM workout video in the morning, and maybe head to the gym when I have a day off. I still eat healthily though!

Does anyone have any advice as to how to fit workouts in on a very busy schedule?

And as far as going out to eat, sometimes its hard not to, and I have a once a week "date night" where I go out with the boyfriend, and don't worry about calories. I guess that is my "cheat day" of the week, which I think is healthy, so I'm going to fail a little bit at that challenge lol.
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    TOM is GONE!!! And I am 1.5 pounds LIGHTER at 172.5!!!!!

pheeeeew that girly bloating business scares me every time :D:D

2.5 lbs away from having last 40 lbs all together!!!!

Now lets go eat cake!!!

... Totally kidding :P
  • Sarac715
    Sarac715 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I posted all of my recent weight loss on your wall. Do you actually need it in a *message*? lol

I've been on a giant plateau for like a month now, can't seem to get below 154.... lowest I've seen is 154.2. It was suggested to me that I should increase my calories for awhile though, so I've been doing that. Haven't seen a loss yet, but no gain either which is a positive.

My main problem is that I'm so busy!! I work 40 hours a week, and when I get off of work I go and study for the PCAT. (Pharmacy School Admissions Test). I take that test on July 20th, so for the time being it has taken priority over weight loss. After that point though, it'll free up a lottttt of time for more working out. Currently all I can fit in is a JM workout video in the morning, and maybe head to the gym when I have a day off. I still eat healthily though!

Does anyone have any advice as to how to fit workouts in on a very busy schedule?

And as far as going out to eat, sometimes its hard not to, and I have a once a week "date night" where I go out with the boyfriend, and don't worry about calories. I guess that is my "cheat day" of the week, which I think is healthy, so I'm going to fail a little bit at that challenge lol.

I know what you mean about working out on a busy schedule! I work 7:30 to 5 monday through thursday and I have a summer class. I ride my bike to work. If you work close enough you could start riding or walking to work? Sometimes I do short exercise videos after work, like the 30 day shred or the biggest loser's last chance workout. Something usually less than 30 minutes. I like them because I don't have to spend time going back and forth to the gym, etc. I just do it right away when I get home before I have time to rethink it or eat something. Essentially before I get too relaxed! haha.
  • kayladiane5
    Options
    bump!
  • whiskyzee
    Options
    I almost forgot my intense exercise this week: 1) on Wednesday, did a 4.2 mile run with 3 big hill, averaging 6.5. 2) Soccer game Sunday!!! 3) Soccer game Tuesday!!!
  • kayladiane5
    Options
    I think one of my biggest problems is not eating under calories, but sticking with my fitness plan and keeping the sugar and sodium low. It's so hard for me.
    With the fitness challenge I started Intensity so that's just rough.
    And with the food challenge.. I went out with my friend. But I stayed under 300 calories :(

DONT FORGET WEIGH INS
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    I ate at taco bell once, reluctantly. I got a 450 calorie crunch wrap, but I skipped lunch and swam a little tat day, plus I did one of my intense cardio work outstha day. I did 45 min of weight mahines, and 30 min of walking at 3.5 and some running, all at an incline. Today I used the elliptical for 60 min up hill (getting rid of tese thunder thighs) and with resistance. I found that I go faster when Linkin Park comes on. I guess that screaming gives me an adrenaline rush :P
  • whiskyzee
    Options
    Today's at-home weigh in: 137.5. I'm off to the doctor later today, so we'll see what her scale says. I'm nearly to my original goal (yay!), but I'm still losing pretty steadily, so I think I'm going to ask the doc what my optimum weight should be. I kind of feel like continuing to do what I'm doing until my body finds it's happy weight. I really have no idea. I don't actually feel much smaller/lighter/skinnier, but I've never been below 140 in my adult life, so I must be. How do you all determine your goal weights?
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    I'm still at 172. I tend to not lose per week but i'll keep steady a couple of weeks then drop 2-3 suddenly
  • kayladiane5
    Options
    Come on SOC. Please weigh in.. I wanna keep this team going. Thanks to everyone who has weighed in so far.
  • AllyV0621
    AllyV0621 Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm still here!! 128. I think. I've hovered like crazy this past week.

Didn't go out to eat, but I had my birthday, which was probably worse, considering my family. We're all into baking and everyone seemed to want to make me a cake each. Or pie. Or cupcakes. Or a combination. I felt bad, but I ended up throwing a lot of it out.

Workouts......fell off the bandwagon on working out. The one thing I can say is that I have a really active job as a kid's soccer coach, so chasing them around minimizes damage.
  • newkay
    newkay Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to share my most recent revelation. I woke up at 5:30 this morning and although I realllly didn't feel like getting up, I had a great workout and i feel like a million bucks today. If anyone else is just not a morning peson (like me), I strongly suggest you try it, even just once. :) happy fourth!