New to FitnessPal

Options
I just began this yesterday and what a great site! I had one of the arm band products and that was great too, but after my 6 mo was up I decided not to renew. It's summer and I didn't want to wear that on my arm all the time, not very fashionable, LOL. My mom told me about this site and I checked it out. I love that I can have it with me at all times since we eat out quite a bit and I won't have to try and remember what I ate.
Anyway a little about my journey so far...
When I decided to finally do something for myself I weighed in at 203 pounds. Whoa, I was a little taken back by that since I didn't really feel that heavy. I am only 5'4" so that was a lot of weight on my short frame. It didn't happen over night though so I guess I just got used to it. Well, after 8 months I am down 45 pounds. There has been some bumps in the road for sure and some old habits that are really dying hard, but I will overcome them. That's why I am so glad that I was referred to this site, now I can stay accountable for what I do.
I hope to find some friends on here so let's chat!:smile:

Replies

• holcat3244
    Options
    Welcome to the site, i'm also new to the site so anytime you need to chat just send me a message... good luck on your journey!
  • SabineKarpova
    Options
    Welcome and good luck - this site really does work and everyone's very helpful - you will love it! :)
  • isismoon
    isismoon Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there, three years ago I lost 100 lbs (size 10) but I've gained 60 lbs back. I gained most of my weight back because my mother was sick and we lost her to colon cancer last May. I'm 5'5 and weigh 220lbs (size 18) ... ugh! I need to lose weight for health reasons, there's nothing pending but I'm sure it's around the corner if I don't address my weight. My sister is getting bariatric surgery next week so I created my own competition to beat her weight loss without surgery. I just need to zone out chocolate - I can't control myself - there's no eating "one block" of chocolate, it's the entire bar! I even tricked my taste buds into enjoying 85% chocolate since it's better for you but I will still eat the whole bar. I was considering purchasing the BodyMedia Fit arm band ... would you say it's worth it? Did it help you lose weight or was it just a gadget to play with?