Down 67 pounds! Pics!

becbo22
becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
edited April 2016 in Success Stories
Hey everyone! My name is Becca and I'm 23.

I've always been a bit overweight, but during college I battled with anxiety and depression and poor eating habits led to about 100 pounds of weight gain. In 2013, At the age of 20 I was 302 pounds and being put on blood pressure medication. The day I saw my weight hit 302 on the doctor's scale was the day I decided to change my life. I got a job that involved walking a lot and cut back on portion sizes. I began making small changes and educated myself on nutrition and exercise. I initially lost 50 pounds, then gained 10 back and got off track for about a year. I restarted in November 2015 and began using a food scale.

Fast forward to now, I am down 67 pounds and counting. I have found a passion for fitness and I have become a certified personal trainer so that I can help others on their journeys. Coming up in May, I will be participating in my first half marathon, which is something I have always dreamed of doing. I want you all to know that no matter how much you struggle, no matter how many times you fall down, if you keep pressing forward you will succeed. If I can fight my anxiety, depression, and binge-eating demons and find light at the end of the tunnel, so can you!

Here is a pic
23k6w7p.jpg

Height 5'11"
Sw 302
Cw 235
Gw 180

The bandages on the left are from gallbladder surgery.

P.s. I had a tummy tuck to remove excess skin in September 2015

Replies

• japfume
    japfume Posts: 11 Member
    Way to go! That takes more will power than I can even imagine
  • Hairtist
    Hairtist Posts: 3 Member
    Very beautiful! Awesome work, and determination... Thanks so much for sharing, and being an inspiration..:)
  • liftzilla16
    liftzilla16 Posts: 59 Member
    Killer job!! This is major progress, keep up the good work!
  • drpsamin
    drpsamin Posts: 265 Member
  • susanjtade
    susanjtade Posts: 46 Member
    You are inspirational!
  • babylovers
    babylovers Posts: 66 Member
    I have a few questions for you please. Could u tell me what it takes to become a personal trainer ? I am starting to get interested as well buy I'm still weighing 311 so have a ways to still go before considering also I would like to know about the tummy tuck about how much do they cost? I also have lose skin already in my thighs and arms tho I do weight lifting .
  • pandamars
    pandamars Posts: 88 Member
    You are amazing! I also battled with anxiety and depression 2 years ago and gained 50 lbs. Now is the year I make my life better and to prove to myself that I can overcome anything. Thanks for being an inspiration! :)
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    babylovers wrote: »
    I have a few questions for you please. Could u tell me what it takes to become a personal trainer ? I am starting to get interested as well buy I'm still weighing 311 so have a ways to still go before considering also I would like to know about the tummy tuck about how much do they cost? I also have lose skin already in my thighs and arms tho I do weight lifting .

I got my personal training certification online through ISSA. The tummy tuck cost around 7000 and insurance usually does not cover it.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Thanks for keeping it real! Great Job!!!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Amaze balls! Sorry I just couldn't help but use that term. So amazing!
  • amy13a
    amy13a Posts: 32 Member
    Way to go girl! You look amazing. Congratulations on your journey.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Really great work!!!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Awesome!!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    You look fabulous!
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Wow just wow! You look amazing and very fit! Good for you for taking control of your life. You are an inspiration!
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    So amazing! Good for you!!
  • sleekyoga
    sleekyoga Posts: 6 Member
    You look great! Fantastic job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!