calorie consumption ?? HELP

Options
lusir113
lusir113 Posts: 13 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
MFP has like 7000 calories as my goal/target per day.I am about average hight not to tall and weigh 72 kg's. I currently consume under 1000 calories and as much as I love food there is no way I could force myself to consume 7000 calories or anywhere close to 3000. Iv always thought the target is about 1200 calories for an average person. I am 3 months into my journey and I excercise a minimum of 4 days a week ( mainly cardio) but I have not seen the results I was expecting. My current diet is pretty healthy. Basically I am super confused should I really be trying to consume that many calories when I am trying to lose weight? Im new to this any advice or help would be appreciated.

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Somewhere when logging your stats and goals, you have made a mistake. check again. Maybe if you were an extremely tall and muscular guy, running a marathon per day, these numbers would make sense :)
  • alexreyn13
    alexreyn13 Posts: 52 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Jesus christ 7000? Something is wrong there ha... Are you sure your information is correct? Height, weight, age and gender. Metric/imperial system etc?
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    How many pounds of loss per week did you set your goal? And what is your height exactly?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    lulasiraj1 wrote: »
    MFP has like 7000 calories as my goal/target per day.I am about average hight not to tall and weigh 72 kg's. I currently consume under 1000 calories and as much as I love food there is no way I could force myself to consume 7000 calories or anywhere close to 3000. Iv always thought the target is about 1200 calories for an average person. I am 3 months into my journey and I excercise a minimum of 4 days a week ( mainly cardio) but I have not seen the results I was expecting. My current diet is pretty healthy. Basically I am super confused should I really be trying to consume that many calories when I am trying to lose weight? Im new to this any advice or help would be appreciated.

1200 is actually on the low side and is the minimum for women, but 7000 sounds like your settings are messed up. Double check your weight and stuff is right in your settings (I once saw a profile were the site had glitched and changed the persons weight to over 1000 lbs).
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    u probably have yourself at 172 kg
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    also make sure you selected lose weight as your goal, not gain weight
  • lusir113
    Options
    Thank you all so much for responding, I knew something was not right. I must have set it up all wrong, anyone know how to reset that kind of info on here or do I need to delete my profile and start again?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Go to the My Home tab and then find Goals in the blue bar near the top. You can reset information there.

Where it says ...

Your Fitness Goals
    Would you like help setting up your goals? View Guided Setup

... click on the View Guided Setup link.

There you should be able to enter your information correctly.

For a 23-year old female to be given 7000 calories, I'm guessing you added a 0 to your weight ... 702 kg or 720 kg? Or maybe you picked the highest activity level?
  • lusir113
    Options
    I figured it out and have made changes, thank you :)
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    1200 is about right. Good luck! :)