Ughhhhh.....Does 5-10 pounds really matter?

Options
I, until recently, have been eating great and working my booty off to lose a whopping .5 pounds. Yes, half a pound. I don't have alot to lose, so I go back and forth with "does it really matter?" . It's not a health issue, of a clothes size issue or even a major confidence issue. It's a "goal" issue. A "follow thru" issue. A "frickin number on the scale" issue. :)
I am lifting weights, I have lost inches and body fat....but for some OCD reason...I would like the number on the scale to drop. Even 5 pounds.

Soooo.....I am not proud of yesterday, but in all my frustration, I had a "DAY". One of those days that I have maybe5- 6 times a year. It was delicious and I logged it ALL. I am happy that I, at least, logged it. It was actually fun to eat whatever the heck I wanted. To my surprise, I wasnt even as "over" as i thought I would be. I do feel a little yucky today, which is a good reminder for me as to why I don't eat like this on a regular basis.

Anyways, just frustrated with the scale. I know, I know....I have other NSV's.....but the scale is mocking me :)

not feeling so motivated....but I'm off to the gym

Replies

• garreltsnk
    garreltsnk Posts: 19
    Options
    I think it's harder when you are close to your goal. When you are heavier, and you start working out, your body, isn't used to it, and you loose more pounds. I think it's okay that you have only lost .5 pounds. Since you only started this month, next month will go better for you. good luck
  • kellywaller1
    kellywaller1 Posts: 101
    Options
    I feel the same way, my scale is staying at 135 and not moving but I am losing inches people are commenting on how much I have lost I am wearing size 6 so I think my body is re shaping itself.
  • mrsmorris13
    mrsmorris13 Posts: 225
    Options
    I only started on THIS site this month....I was on Sparks People before for 2 months....So 3 months .5 pounds....UGH.
    But Thank you! Good luck to you too!
  • mrsmorris13
    Options
    I feel the same way, my scale is staying at 135 and not moving but I am losing inches people are commenting on how much I have lost I am wearing size 6 so I think my body is re shaping itself.

That sounds familiar. I think I'm just tripping on the number on the scale. :smile:
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I love your motto! I am also pretty much at my goal weight- and working hard to lose body fat without really changing my weight much. It's hard but it is SLOWLY happening and I have the same experience- people are telling me "wow you have lost a lot of weight!!" - but really I haven't.
  • darsh11
    darsh11 Posts: 98
    Options
    I think the scale is evil some weeks and others it is your friend. You could be doing everything right and still gain or only lose a .5 on it. Then there are weeks when you probably could have done more and the scale chooses that week to let you lose two pounds. One thing I would check is water and sodium once I up my water consumption and drop the sodium the weight seems to come off a little easier. I dream of the day when I am 10 lbs from my goal weight so great job.
  • McghanK
    McghanK Posts: 120
    Options
    You can look like you have lost weight when you really haven't. That happens to me as well. I feel lighter and skinnier but when I get on the scale I am about the same weight. My mother in law has done a ton of research and at one point she looked like she had lost like 30 pds but she didn't. She had only lost 10 but her body was CLEAN and her fat was going away. I think that we are so obsessed with what the scale says and it plays tricks with our emotions...lol..i know!! I think that if you feel healthy and toned and energetic, you are doing it RIGHT....if you clothes fit the way you want and you like the way you feel then more power to you. It's not always about the number ;)
  • Alure
    Alure Posts: 30
    Options
    I feel for you. I've been doing this a couple of months too, and I gained weight at first (like 2lbs, but still), and after a couple months finally managed to go down almost 1lb from when I started. I figure I should just ignore the scale and focus on where I see success (inches, photos, body fat percentage), but I totally know what you mean about wanting the stinking scale to just drop already. It's got to come off sometime, right? But it's better to look better and weigh the same than to drop weight and not look any different....
  • mrsmorris13
    Options
    You all are FABULOUS! Thanks!