60lbs down over the course of a year, stuck on the last 15.

Options
I started my journey march 3 of 2015. Since then i have lost right around 60lbs. My sw was 198, cw 139, gw 125ish. I have been stuck between the last 2-4 lbs for almost 2 months now. Have lost all motivation to work out and my diet has been mediocre at best. I keep saying okay today i go back to basics and start again but then dont follow through. I dont know what the problem is?! Maybe self sabotage, maybe feeling like maintaining is easier. Idk i need some motivation to get to goal! Ugh.

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Great progress so far! You should be proud of that.

Sorry, do you need to lose 15 lbs. or 2 - 4 lbs? Wasn't exactly sure, but either way this whole process is trial and error. What worked for you previously may not work for you now so try something different. Set fitness related goals instead of weight goals. Or find a new activity or sport.

What workouts or activities have you been doing? What do you like and dislike?
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight lost. Try adding weights if you haven't. Buy a smaller sized goal outfit and hang where you can see it and try it on once a week until it is lose.
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you need to, maybe go on maintenance for a while instead of beating yourself up to lose the last bit of weight. Check in with yourself to find your motivation again, and when you're ready, get back on the horse.

Congrats on your weight loss so far - that's fantastic!
  • Ringer1022
    Ringer1022 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    We have very similar goals... though you are WAY further on your path than I am on mine. Coincidentally I also started January 2015 at 198 :o

I'm at 160 and keep bouncing between 160/161 daily; so frustrating! I feel like despite the scale I can see changes, but it makes me feel like it's a moot point for what I've been doing. Hence the chocolate chunk cookie with my Noodles and Co dinner tonight <oops, but it was delicious>.

What workout routine are you following? I don't know that I've really been doing mine long enough to say, hey, let's change it, but...
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome achievement. Maybe you need to take a break. It can be psychologically challenging to be a calories deficit for a year. Perhaps, set yourself to maintenance, enjoy life. And see if the motivation re-emerges