Goal met=125 pounds. Fat percentage low too!

Options
Foxworth81
Foxworth81 Posts: 124 Member
I had the best NSV yet last night. Since I met my goal weight months ago, I have struggled with finding a method of measurement to monitor my success. I tested my fat percentage last night using my neighbor's fat analyzer and it read 19%. I was somewhat disappointed at first because that number sounded high to me. Especially after finding that my husband, who eats unhealthy foods all the time and never exercises, has 9% body fat. But, after doing some research, I have found that 19% for women is in the "Athletic" range. I am still not completely satisfied with my body but know it will take lots more hard work to get to where I would love to be and even more work to maintain it. I'm feeling pretty proud this morning though. Here are a few before and after pics.
This first before was taken in 2007 when I was at about 150 lbs. My husband surprised me with a cruise for our first anniversary. It makes me sad to see this picture because I felt horrible about the way I looked then. I hope we cruise again so that I can really feel good about myself the next time and maybe have an even better time.
untitled.jpg
This one was in 2008 and I was about 145 lbs. I started MFP in January 2011 at 141 lbs.
dfbdfgdf.jpg
The rest of these pics were taken very recently. after I met my goal. I am at 125 lbs making my weight loss 16 lbs.
photo6.jpg
photo5.jpg
1548559_8480.jpg
I hope these show up ok. I've never posted pics on a bulletin before.

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Good for you!
  • MB1967
    MB1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, well done!!

:smile:
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Very buff!! Well done :bigsmile:
  • radradradradrad
    radradradradrad Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    WOW! great job!!!!!!! you look awesome and ripped!
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You look great congratulations!!!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • RandaDerkson
    RandaDerkson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Great inspiration!
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    congrats! you look fantastic thanks for posting its very encouraging,
    valentine
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You need to reward yourself with another cruise, you deserve it. They are pretty cheap right now, too. Just got back from Panama, when I was forced to confront the fact that I'm simply too big. Lifestyle change in progress, but we have to remember to reward ourselves.

You look fantastic!
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing! Great job!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    smokin' hot! well done!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Wow, I met my goal last September and wished I looked as good as you! You look fantastic! I was 121.6 pounds this morning, look too skinny in my upper body, collar bone and ribs-wise, but still have too much lower abdominal fat. My upper abs look good, but I can't even see my lower abs through the 17 year old baby fat. :-(

So, great job!!! I'm glad working out is working so well for you. And I hear you about the cruise! I'm hoping to go on another one too. Our last one was in 2000!
  • Foxworth81
    Foxworth81 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow, I met my goal last September and wished I looked as good as you! You look fantastic! I was 121.6 pounds this morning, look too skinny in my upper body, collar bone and ribs-wise, but still have too much lower abdominal fat. My upper abs look good, but I can't even see my lower abs through the 17 year old baby fat. :-(

So, great job!!! I'm glad working out is working so well for you. And I hear you about the cruise! I'm hoping to go on another one too. Our last one was in 2000!

My midsection is a trouble spot for me too. I think I need to become more dedicated with my diet though because I have a major sweet tooth and tend to reward myself with sweets when I'm low on calories. I also like to have a few cocktails on the weekend if I'm good all week and I know that probably contributes to that as well.

Way to go for meeting your goal. If you're anything like me, I'll probably never be completely satisfied with my body. Happy and confident, yes. I'll just never feel like I have no room for improvement and I'm ok with that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!