Confessions of a Scale-A-Holic

Options
I admit that I'm overly excited to finally see the scale moving in the right direction again. I am ecstatic! So much so that I've been weighing myself every day. I know! I know! I'm NOT supposed to do it...and I'm going to stop...eventually. But for right now..it feels SO DARNED GOOD!!! I'm weighing but not recording it but once a week. That way the larger jump will be even more inspiring on paper. But I'm putting it here because they say, confession...well, you know the rest...LOL! Have a Great Day Everyone!!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, no regrets!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and log my weight into the HappyScale app. It tracks my trends and helps me not freak out if my weight spikes suddenly. i've learned that I gain 4 pounds right before TOM, and lose it again right after. If I eat spaghetti, I know I'm going to be up 2 pounds the next day because of the sodium and carbs.

I actually think it's better to weigh every day. You get a better idea of your body and how it reacts to different things. If I only weighed in once a week or less, I would not understand these trends.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You're only not supposed to do it if the frequent fluctuations have a deleterious effect upon your peace of mind. If you are excited to see the result every day, then by all means do it.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. I find that I am more compliant if I weigh daily. Best of luck OP!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily on a wifi connected scale. I can see a graph of my weight and select week, month or year and can go back to when I bought it two 1/2 years ago. Do you know what you weighed last year at this time?
  • jcl1981
    jcl1981 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, I find it keeps me motivated to keep going.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My scales get me out of bed quicker than my alarm clock;)
  • kittybr77
    kittybr77 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree...I weigh every day and I do not regret it. I always do it at the same time every morning (after brushing and flossing). It is an addiction for sure but it doesn't hurt me so who cares? :)
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    You're only not supposed to do it if the frequent fluctuations have a deleterious effect upon your peace of mind. If you are excited to see the result every day, then by all means do it.

My mom weighs daily to keep track of the fluid in her heart.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Weighing daily is fine IF you can handle the daily fluctuations. As long as you don't get upset when you don't see a drop every single day, then I'd say it's fine. If you find yourself not happy when, as is normal, you start not seeing losses every day, then I suggest you weigh less often.
  • Asmika41
    Asmika41 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    In the past I've become obsessive, so I try not to do it daily. But right now, I'm enjoying it. Thanks for encouragement!
  • Asmika41
    Asmika41 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    I weigh daily on a wifi connected scale. I can see a graph of my weight and select week, month or year and can go back to when I bought it two 1/2 years ago. Do you know what you weighed last year at this time?

This time last year I was 460. I'm now 300! Where can I find one of those scales? !
  • tlcs68
    tlcs68 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale every day too. Sometimes twice a day. (Morning and night) I only log my weight once a week, but I feel that it keeps me accountable and gives me motivation!
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'm glad there are so many people here who weigh themselves every day like me. If the number goes down, woo hoo! If it doesn't, then it motivates me to be extra vigilant. So weighing every day is a good thing for me. :)
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Every day at the same time and, as others have said, keeps me motivated.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    The scale can be a useful tool, but is not very accurate when it comes to overall body composition. Many things affect your weight, but that does not mean you are not heading in the right direction.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Yes, what everyone else said.
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    yup, started to weigh myself every day, was seeing positive result and then i put on the menstrual weight and i'm not going to obsess about that so have decided not to weigh in again until my actual weigh in date (tomorrow) and hopefully some of that weight will have dropped off again. i usually weigh in every day or every other day. like you all say, keeps me motivated.
  • Pathmonkey
    Pathmonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I like to step on the scale every morning..... then start jumping on it hard in hopes of killing it. :smiley:
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Pathmonkey wrote: »
    I like to step on the scale every morning..... then start jumping on it hard in hopes of killing it. :smiley:

haha. i think my stepping on them every morning might be slowly killing mine lol :)