Do you use Personal Trainer's?

Options
Jschrolms
Jschrolms Posts: 40 Member
Hi !
I am working on a startup and hoping to get some info from people who use personal trainers. it would be great if you could let me know your answers to a few of these questions.
- Was/Is it hard to find PT's in your area without having to call different gyms?
- Do you prefer to book an appointment a couple of days to a week in advance? Or would you prefer to be able to find a PT available for a session whenever you are ready?
- If you book in an appointment, do you lose motivation? Do you sometime cancel or reschedule?

any feedback would be great!
thanks,

Replies

• playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Have had pts at three of the four gyms I've used.
    A couple advertise locally too for private sessions so finding one isn't an issue (finding the right one is the problem).
    In my case I've chosen the gym then the trainer not the other way round.
    As I use regular I book a weekly slot and occasionally try to get an extra though it's not always possible.
    I find having a set time to have session a help (same with classes). Means I get moving to be there on time rather than put off.
    My last couple of trainers I have only cancelled if ill or injured. However my first I did alter or change sessions in last few months with him out of the two years. Sadly my needs changed due to illness and although he was great trainer when I was playing sports it didn't really work when I needed lighter workouts whilst recovering. Think a combo of me feeling unfit and him not being the right pt for recuperation was the problem. He was certainly great the first year or so with him.

• Jschrolms
    Jschrolms Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @playmadcats thanks for your feedback! When you mentioned that you sometimes booked extra sessions, would it have been beneficial to be able to see a calendar type view of your trainers availability? Did you have a few back and forth messages to work out availability or was it not to hard to try and plan an extra session?