Splurge

Options
So I have lost over 30 lbs and choose to splurge, I'm back to calorie counting and gym again tmrw .. I feel bad, am I ok that I splurged and went over today?

If I count calories I'm 1,200 what can I do to make sure I lose the rest of my 30 lbs? Just eat 1,200 a day and workout?

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    So I have lost over 30 lbs and choose to splurge, I'm back to calorie counting and gym again tmrw .. I feel bad, am I ok that I splurged and went over today?

If I count calories I'm 1,200 what can I do to make sure I lose the rest of my 30 lbs? Just eat 1,200 a day and workout?

Not sure what you're asking but you should have your profile entered in MFP along with a goal. That should give you a calorie target. Just eat to that. On days you work out, eat back some of the calories if you choose too. If you plan on working out regularly, 1200 calories will not be enough.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    One day is going to make much of a difference at all. It is one day out of the rest of your life.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I splurge and go over my calories once in a while. One single day of going over your calories is not going to completely derail your weight loss, just dont make a habit of it.

You're only eating 1200 calories, so I'd hazard a guess you're running a pretty high deficit?
  • KendraMariexO
    KendraMariexO Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes! I stay at 1,200 to 1,180 sh I stay very close. It made me sick to splurge it hurt my stomach ! Lol I feel aweful to do it but it was nice. I hit my first goal my sec is 130 before I so it again. My fitness pal has me at 1,200 if I work out I don't add my whole workout it's been working great for me lol
  • KendraMariexO
    Options
    I'll burn 500 I only log 300 bc I don't measure to a tee and I rather be a little under than over and I've lost over 30 yay! But I'll eat more if I work out if it say I have 300 I'll leave 100 after a workout
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    One 'splurge ' is fine, don't do what I did. ...lost 30lbs in a year put 8 back on....started with a one day splurge when I went on holiday in February and has carried on til now.....cannot get back into the groove. .
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

Yes! I stay at 1,200 to 1,180 sh I stay very close. It made me sick to splurge it hurt my stomach ! Lol I feel aweful to do it but it was nice. I hit my first goal my sec is 130 before I so it again. My fitness pal has me at 1,200 if I work out I don't add my whole workout it's been working great for me lol

Weight loss is part math, part mentality. You can calculate your rate of loss from your weight and your calorie intake, if you weigh and log accurately. 1200 calories may be a bit low for you, but it's not dangerously low - I'm more concerned about your mindset... Do you feel bad and need to "confess" for eating? Or do you need assurance that math is working? Do you "enjoy" stomach pain? I used to overeat myself, and I had to learn that I could get even more pleasure out of more moderate portions. I eat what I want, but not everything at once, and not all the time.
  • KendraMariexO
    Options
    That was my first slurge and haven't done it since. I feel great eating 1,200 I'll add more if I work out. But I am platued right now and can't get off its been 2 weeks!!! I need help?!
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You're probably not eating enough food. Not sure how tall you are/how much you weigh, but if you're working out hard and not netting at least 1200 calories your body may be in starvation mode without you realizing. Add an extra few servings of protein/veggies and see what happens
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You're probably not eating enough food. Not sure how tall you are/how much you weigh, but if you're working out hard and not netting at least 1200 calories your body may be in starvation mode without you realizing. Add an extra few servings of protein/veggies and see what happens

Whilst the above may have good intentions it is also incorrect. If you are not losing weight, eating more is not going to help. starvation mode is a myth.

It is more likely to be that there are discrepancies in OP's tracking (not accurate weighing, incorrect data entries etc).
  • BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    sprints
  • KendraMariexO
    Options
    I am scanning all my food it's just been these two weeks and I decreased working out from everyday to 3 days a week should I start doing everyday again
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    If you're working out less but eating the same your deficit would be less and you wouldn't be losing as fast. Maybe start moving more again? Or come to terms that it won't come off as quickly as you 1st thought. .5-1lb a week is still 26-52lbs:)
  • KendraMariexO
    Options
    I am going to pick it back up again working out! Thank you :))