Losing thigh and butt fat

Options
Hi, I first would like to say that I am a pretty active person. I go to 60 minutes of high intensity dance at least 3 times a week sometimes 5. I do squats, and eat healthy. I stay under my given calorie count on here, and eat healthy foods.. I can not seem to lose around my thighs or butt. I do not look bad, but I really need help if anyone has anything that they know works :) thank you!

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat, outside of surgery. You just need to keep on going - most people find butt/belly to be the last places to go.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat less
  • liftzilla16
    liftzilla16 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    You can't spot reduce fat, outside of surgery. You just need to keep on going - most people find butt/belly to be the last places to go.

Came here to say this. Those are definitely the more troublesome areas to lose weight from, but unfortunately the only way to get rid of them is to keep doing what you're doing and don't stop till they're how you want them :)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I swear I'm going to have a 6 pack before any fat comes off my butt and thighs. Unfortunately, the only thing we can do is continue to eat less. One day we will have nice thighs!
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Eat less

• wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Eat less

Or eat smarter. One of the two. Just make sure you're eating a nutrient dense diet, one that'll be able to support your activity level and you'll be fine.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Hi, I first would like to say that I am a pretty active person. I go to 60 minutes of high intensity dance at least 3 times a week sometimes 5. I do squats, and eat healthy. I stay under my given calorie count on here, and eat healthy foods.. I can not seem to lose around my thighs or butt. I do not look bad, but I really need help if anyone has anything that they know works :) thank you!

First off, doing body weight squats and barbell squats are two totally different things. Barbell squats will build muscle and help legs appear strong versus flabby and fat. Focus on different leg work outs, heavy lifting, etc. If you are looking to just eat less and lose weight from these areas, that will be much more difficult. That is most likely the first area where your body stores fat and the last area where you are going to lose. You will have to cut a significant amount of calories. I would focus on building muscle if I were you.
  • KatlynLeigh112
    KatlynLeigh112 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. For those who said just eat less, I can not eat less than what I am and still be healthy. I am going to try more of the barbell squats.. thank you for your advice. Hopefully it just takes time and I will lose it soon :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. For those who said just eat less, I can not eat less than what I am and still be healthy. I am going to try more of the barbell squats.. thank you for your advice. Hopefully it just takes time and I will lose it soon :)
    Squat will improve your muscle, but NOT spot reduce fat around them or your glutes.
    Fat loss comes from reduction of body fat all over and that just means a slightly higher calorie deficit and patience.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we just have big legs... can't do much about it. You can try different variations of squats to help though. Heavy weights, sumo squats, some lunges too.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Consistency is king. The longer it takes to achieve something, the more permanent it becomes. Keep at a caloric deficit, and keep lifting. Both will slowly and surely work towards your goal.

I tend to see visible changes in 3 months, other people noticing in 6 months, and reaching your goals in ~1 year.