Napping after work out

Options
Everymorning i wake up at 6:30 and start my work out at 7 after my work out my body os extremely tired. All my body wants to do is sleep. Is it normal for my body to feel this way and if i take a nap after my work out is it doing harm?

Replies

• stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would do you harm other than maybe being late for work/class/morning obligations? I started drinking a protein shake within 30 minutes of working out and it's helped me to have more energy. Also, eating a protein-filled meal & plenty of water prior to working out helps to keep my energy up.
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    How many hours of sleep are you getting at night? Could you be a little sleep deprived? If it doesn't interfere with your other obligations, I say go for the nap. I'm a pro-napper though. As long as you're still moving around the rest of the day and aren't relying on the single workout as your total activity for the entire day, I think it's totally fine.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I seem to get the same sort of dip in energy if I run during the middle of the day. I think my body is trying to compensate for the extra activity by having me nap to save energy. Unfortunately I was at work so I just powered through and usually feel fine later, it's like there's just this dip at a specific time afterwards. Staying warm helps since it seems like I cool down after a workout and that can trick your brain into thinking it should sleep since cooling down is a cue to sleep at night.

How do you feel after your nap? In general I am pro-nap if it isn't interfering with other obligations. But if you don't feel well after, maybe try to go for a short easy walk or something like that when you feel the nap coming on. But if you feel better after the nap, by all means.