Any other pregnant ladies?

Options
Swanwave
Swanwave Posts: 12 Member
Hi! I'm 3 months pregnant and looking to maintain my weight or even lose 5 - 10 lbs. I'm not including the weight of the actual baby etc... Obviously I have to gain that! I'll probably be taking measurements more than weighing because of that. Never been a fan of weighing myself anyway, it's too unreliable what with water retention and BMs.

I'd really love to stay fit and confident during this pregnancy. I feel a million times better when I like how I look, so that's important to me during this tough time. Any pregnant ladies or sympathetic moms, please add me or comment below!

Replies

• eewarmerdam
    eewarmerdam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 13 weeks pregnant and in a similar boat. I started off at the top of my healthy weight range so I'm trying to only gain the healthy amount of weight for my baby. I'm not focusing on calories (at least not yet, bad morning sickness). I'm mostly focusing on my macros and making sure to get in light exercise. It's making me feel like I'm more in control and will remain in control over my changing pregnant body.
  • laurenbock0309
    laurenbock0309 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I found you ladies! I'm 11 weeks pregnant and really struggling with eating healthy. I had lost 20 pounds before I found out I was pregnant but once that hit and the bloat started, I've completely lost sight of my goals and nutrition. I'm at the top of my healthy weight range so I need to be careful of how much weight I put on. The doctor recommend 1,800-2,000 calories a day so I guess I'll be counting calories throughout my pregnancy. We should keep in touch!
  • leighanneallison140
    Options
    I'm 27 weeks pregnant and my weight gain has been pretty good, slow and steady. However, as I'm approaching my third trimester, my exercise regime has really slowed down. I can feel
    my hunger and pregnancy cravings getting a little out of hand.
    I really need to commit to tracking so that I can continue to keep everything in a healthy range.
    If any of you pregnant ladies would like to add me please do so!
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm 13w5d, also trying to maintain throughout pregnancy. Feel free to add me. There's also a great group on here that is really supportive & has great info (both about dieting/exercise during pregnancy, but also pregnancy in general). There are even "birth club" sub-feeds for people due in the same month (i.e. I'm in "October 2016"). http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant

Good luck with your journey!
  • Pie319
    Pie319 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm 8-10* weeks and I'm trying to figure out how to stay healthy as my belly grows. So happy to have found this thread!
    I had unfortunately gained 10 lbs prior to getting pregnant due to an injury and was just starting to get back into the fitness game when I found out about my pregnancy. I'm in the overweight category so I'm trying to be really careful about not gaining too much and keeping me and the little shrimp healthy.

*little babe was in a bad position for the first ultrasound so the doctor couldn't pinpoint a solid date. Going in Friday to get a better look and nail down the EDD.

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If I were any of you I would talk to your doctor about trying to lose weight while pregnant. It may not be healthy for the baby. Although with my first pregnancy twenty years ago I stayed right at 118 until the day I gave birth because I worked out about 4 hours every single day except on weekends and was overall very healthy back then. My OB stayed on me constantly to gain more weight but I started out the pregnancy at 90 lbs so I had gained 28 lbs by the time I got up to 118 in the end. :D:D My OB really couldn't argue with me since I did in fact gain what the recommended weight gain is for a pregnant woman.