I'm Getting Married!

Options
August 27th 2016. I want to lose as much weight as possible by then. I currently weight 359.8lbs I am 5'8" tall. I intend to work out 6 days a week, a mix of cardio and strength training. I am eating at 1900 calories.

I would like to get down to 280 by then (79.8lbs).

What do you guys think is possible for someone at my weight?

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 80 lbs in 21 weeks would be difficult. Of course, you'll have a big initial loss of water weight, which will amount to quite a few pounds to add to your total loss. Just don't be discouraged if your weight loss slows after the first couple of weeks. I'd say 50-60lbs is more realistic for someone your size in 21 weeks.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I second what @I_Will_End_You said. I'd also point out that if you are getting a dress altered, you will have even less time (takes a few weeks to get alterations done). I don't want to discourage you at all; starting some healthy habits, getting more active, watching your intake - that's all good stuff. And you have your whole life to work on it. But putting a time limit on it and wanting to lose a large amount in a short time frame can set you up for disappointment. I'd suggest logging calories, getting a reasonable amount of gym time in, and enjoy preparing for your wedding! Don't be disappointed if you don't lose 80 lbs in 4 months... It's probably not going to happen. Congratulations, btw.
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) I won't be disappointed if I don't hit 80 down by then knowing that's its not totally realistic.