“Pre-logging” as a planning tool?

Options
13»

Replies

• Camish911
    Camish911 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Not daily, but frequently. I definitely make sure I do when I know I'll be eating out. I log the food that I plan to eat so that I can adjust my calories for the rest of the day. That way I know I won't go over.
  • Linziyo
    Linziyo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I log the next day entirely before I go to bed - usually when I'm making dinner and in the kitchen so that I can scan new items. I find it easier to stay on track when I have less decisions to make the next day.
  • punkyb07
    punkyb07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I prelog a week in advance. Even my "cheat" meals are on there (since I go out for dinner every Friday). I helps me stay within a fairly consistent macro range (don't want to overdo it on fat or carbs).
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Every single day. I pre-plan my next day's meals every night before I go to bed, and that means I have time to defrost frozen meats and such for the next day as well. It's the best thing I ever did--whenever I don't pre-log my foods, my calories just go out the window.
  • Officially_Rosey
    Officially_Rosey Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yep, I tend to pre-log my food diary, then as the day goes by I edit and adjust measurements as I'm making the meals (to make the calorie amount more accurate). Plus I add any extras I ate, and remove any pre-logged food that I didn't end up eating :smile:
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I usually know what my breakfast and lunch are going to be, and depending on exercise it gives me a guesstimate as to what I can do for dinner. Or not do. :lol:
  • tooru
    tooru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love it, keeps me motivated in the day