New mom

Options
l_sec
l_sec Posts: 3 Member
Hi there! I'm a new mom as of Feb 2016. I love my little guy but now it's time to get back on track! Any other moms who are short on free time and energy in the same boat?!

Replies

• newlifeman
    newlifeman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Not a mom, but a Dad in the same situation. You have to make time, alot think this is easy, but being a parent you need to balance both. That 30 mins after work or waking up early to run can really help.
  • chanelle_cartier
    chanelle_cartier Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Been there done that, mum of three and I started using this to help after baby number three. 2srine 5 in 5 months, don't push your self to hard it's time to let your body get healthy again, no rush at all the last thing you want to do is exercise to much not eat enough and then be exhausted
  • hectorh82
    hectorh82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!
  • BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Im like a Mr. Mom.....
  • h0llyhamilt0n
    h0llyhamilt0n Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation! I had my son in January but also have a daughter that's 18 months. I stay at home with them and because they are both so young it's so hard to ever leave the house. I don't live near a gym and don't have a lot of time! I am finally getting them both on the same nap routine so I decided to get a workout video and do that during nap time! That's the only way I can get a workout in. It gets easier with little ones and once you get on a good diet and excercise routine you will feel so much better! Good luck :)
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Get ready for some interesting life. If you stopped drinking beer on a regular basis in just two months, you're on the right track. We spent about a year (his nap time just happened to occur during happy hour every day for about six months) drinking beer to compensate for the stress. He's been a stressful boy. Happy to give any advice that I can.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    As for the free time and energy, you're going to have to dig deep for motivation. You have it if you're here, but it's the CONSISTENCY that can make or break anyone's progress. Even if all you do is walk (our son broke my wife's tailbone when he was born, so she could barely do that), it's better than nothing. Also, if you're wanting to lose weight, remember that the most important factor is what you put in your mouth. However, you should also do some reading on breast feeding. You don't want to short your opportunity for nutritious milk because you are restricting calories too heavily.
  • tannerr774
    tannerr774 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Aw congrats! My son is older but I'm single and work full time so it's hard to stay energised. I just try not to judge myself and take each day as it comes. Good luck :-) X
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Come and join us in this postpartum group where we encourage each other and do a weekly weigh in. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113945-fit-fabulous-postpartum