Anyone here do suspension training?

Options
I am thinking about buying a suspension training system (non trx - gold gym maybe).

As the weather warms up I figure I can take it in morning to the local park nearby, tie to a tree or jungle gym, and workout. No lines, no waiting. Maybe do some running, walking, etc while there too.

How do people feel about the suspension training systems?

Do you get all the same results, etc from that compared to weights or machines?

Is there anything I need to look for special in the item I pick?

Replies

• louise13dunstan
    louise13dunstan Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It's great. I live my TRX kit and saw results fairly quickly as ur using body weight. I would recommend going on TRX site for exercises and getting a good book to show u others too
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    We have a TRX in our basement... Had trained on one at my previous gym, but moved to a new gym where it isn't terribly accessible, so we bought our own. I run a lot, and prefer to run outside as much as possible, so it's really nice to be able to come home after my run and do my arm/ab work right in the privacy of my own home. I don't really like lifting (the metal weights make my hands smell weird), but I like doing the TRX--I have some really nice definition in my arms/shoulders from doing it 2-3x per week.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    TRX is great but make sure you get properly trained on form first. The smallest angle changes can make a huge difference as to how much you benefit from it.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I use one occasionally...mainly if i dont have enough time at the gym to do both cardio and lift. I made my suspension trainer for like $5(ish?) Bucks. Scooby has directions on his site.
  • ColoradoDan
    ColoradoDan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Been looking at the Jungle Gym and WOSS Military Strap online - both seem cheaper options.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I have a TRX and home and take TRX classes at the gym. Love it. Easily adaptable to various levels. Get some training to be sure your form is correct. Have fun!
  • ColoradoDan
    Options
    Okay - maybe I can see if there is a class or trainer nearby.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I have a jungle gym xt, I love it. It works best when you can hook it up to a branch or pullup bar, but you can hook the straps into a door if needed as well.
  • ColoradoDan
    Options
    Does the jungle gym have the strap to hook to tree or jungle gym?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I love my TRX. There are some very challenging moves and routines, tons of them on Youtube. Would recommend.

• questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Does the jungle gym have the strap to hook to tree or jungle gym?

It comes with a strap that you can use to connect the two individual straps together as one unit. There is also a loop system built in on the ends so you can loop each strap around a bar securely. Basically, the end with the rubber stopper for the door has a pass through big enough to fit the handles/strap through, and that way it's super secure.

If you want, next time I set mine up to do rows I can send a pic to show you what I mean.