Who else smoke ?

Options
Been smoking since 5 yrs any effect on weight loss ???

Replies

• robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    It kills your taste buds and dampens appetite. But it's the worst habit to have in the world
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    If you have been smoking for a while there is no discernible effect on weight loss. If you are planning to quit, though, pay very close attention to your calories because not only will your metabolism slow down for a few months, but the anxiety may cause you to eat more. If you aren't planning to quit, there shouldn't be any difference or effect on your weight loss.
  • plami_9209
    plami_9209 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I`d quit if I were you ( which is easy to say since I`m a smoker myself :D ) In the long run, if you quit smoking and don`t substitute the habit of having something in your mouth with eating, you won`t gain weight and it will actually help you with your metabolisam, not to mention the various other health benefits that come after you stop smoking. I know it`s hard to quit , I`ve been trying for more than 7 years to quit now, and the most I`ve managed is 1 month without smoking XD Good lluck to you.
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I used to smoke, but switched to vaping. Now it makes me I'll to even smell a cigarette burning. Have you tried vaping?
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I just hope you put your cigarette butts in the bin unlike most smokers....
  • easyabz
    easyabz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It actually loses your apitite, but overall conseqquences are not worth it.
  • lrr33
    lrr33 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Im a smoker too and want to quit but want to hit goal first
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm a smoker, and I enjoy it so right now I'm not planning on quitting. I've had no trouble with my weight loss.
  • BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    who else not write ?
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Fact, it is a highly addictive drug, coming in second right after heroine! Nicotine is a stimulant so it actually suppresses the appetite. It's very common when quitting to gain weight but you can also set your intentions to prevent this from happening. There's so much available now to support quitting! Ask your Dr about it. There's medications & prescription lozagens. There's support groups & help lines & free counseling, & apps. Bottom line, it's not going to be easy to quit but the benefits are beyond worth it! I'm trying to quit myself and here's what has been most inspiring for me....
    1) a pack a day ~$7x365days =$2,555!!!
    2)positive reinforcement http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Benefits_Time_Table.html
    3) 20cigs per pack x 5mins = 1hr40mins!
    That's almost 2 hrs of my life daily! 608hrs per year! & I was "spending" this time (literally paying!) to slowly ultimately give myself cancer, wrinkles, yellow teeth, bad breath, wicked hangovers, etc...
    Seriously do the math! Maybe it won't be as extreme but it adds up & your health is priceless!
  • TechOutside
    TechOutside Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    On my fifth day of quitting after almost 40 years on and off. I am alternating between nicotine gum and vaping when it gets bad. I have learned by quitting a thousand other times, take a deep breath... wait, take another and try to relax.
    From my experience quitting for 3 years one time, the urge never quite leaves you (like all other addictions) but eventually it diminishes to a controllable level.

Social drinking has always been where I fall, you have to really want it or you won't take it seriously.

Like others stated, watch what you are eating, and your performance will increase, getting to the runners high is easier, and that nasty cough and "ehem" will go away.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I used to smoke, but switched to vaping. Now it makes me I'll to even smell a cigarette burning. Have you tried vaping?

Me too...haven't touched a smoke in over a year and maintained my weight/lost no issues.