40 before 40

Options
Good morning! I woke up this morning feeling good, positive and motivated. I started up again on MFP the beginning of the year with the goal of loosing 40 pounds before my 40th birthday in July. I have to admit I haven't been faithful logging in at all and made very few changes since then. However, one of the things I did was cut back on soda especially Mt. Dew (my evil addiction). Before I could easily have one to three a day and now I have only had 3 since the end of Feb. I haven't weighed myself since then. Yesterday I was feeling pretty good so I decided just bite the bullet and weigh myself. To my surprise I lost 6 pounds since Feb. I know it doesn't sound like much but the only thing I really did was cut out soda and even then not completely. Amazing how a small change can make a difference. That gives me the motivation to continue and make more goals in order to achieve my short term goal of 40 before 40. I told myself if I achieve this I will start planning a trip to Mexico. Which I so need! I'm starting now to plan out my meals out the weekend before and try new healthy recipes I would have never tried before. I'm excited for the first time in my life to look forward to what I can do and that I continue the motivation. I want the second half of my life to be a healthy one. Anyone else setting goals before their 40th?

Replies

• NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm not 41. When I began 3 years ago, I wanted to be healthier before my 40th. I lost some weight and changed the way I ate. I've fallen but gotten back up and dusted myself off. One thing that didn't change was how I look at food. I appreciate food and am excited to reinvent my favorites into a healtheir version.

You're doing amazing. So happy for you!!! Keep up the great work!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I want to be a millionnaire by the time I am 40....
  • gmhenry2014
    gmhenry2014 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey Josie, what an awesome goal.
    I share that with you!
    Now I'm 44 & lost 70lb for my 40th! Amazing sense of achievement.
    And kept most of it off - as important - making healthy choices for life.
    Feel free to add me as a friend
  • JosieGirl1976
    JosieGirl1976 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey Josie, what an awesome goal.
    I share that with you!
    Now I'm 44 & lost 70lb for my 40th! Amazing sense of achievement.
    And kept most of it off - as important - making healthy choices for life.
    Feel free to add me as a friend

Thank you! I could use the support!
  • JosieGirl1976
    JosieGirl1976 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    I'm not 41. When I began 3 years ago, I wanted to be healthier before my 40th. I lost some weight and changed the way I ate. I've fallen but gotten back up and dusted myself off. One thing that didn't change was how I look at food. I appreciate food and am excited to reinvent my favorites into a healtheir version.

You're doing amazing. So happy for you!!! Keep up the great work!

Thank you and way to go getting back into it!
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose a few before my 40th, also in July! You're going in the right direction!!! =)