Confessions of a Scale-A-Holic

Options
2»

Replies

• DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I weigh every other day or every third day, but only log once a week. As long as you aren't being discouraged or stressed out about the numbers too much, by all means, weigh daily!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Asmika41 wrote: »
    rsclause wrote: »
    I weigh daily on a wifi connected scale. I can see a graph of my weight and select week, month or year and can go back to when I bought it two 1/2 years ago. Do you know what you weighed last year at this time?

This time last year I was 460. I'm now 300! Where can I find one of those scales? !

WOW!!! Congratulations! That's amazing!
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every day as well. While I don't have a wi-fi connected one, I do log everything in an excel chart (several years of data in there now).

Like others have said, as long as you don't expect to see a drop every single day - or multiple days in a row for that matter, you'll be ok.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with weighing every day. It's a good habit to get into.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Asmika41 wrote: »
    rsclause wrote: »
    I weigh daily on a wifi connected scale. I can see a graph of my weight and select week, month or year and can go back to when I bought it two 1/2 years ago. Do you know what you weighed last year at this time?

This time last year I was 460. I'm now 300! Where can I find one of those scales? !

I just wanted to say congrats on your success so far! That's amazing!
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Weighing everyday helped me learn and stay accountable to lost 70lbs, and now is helping me keep weight gain in check in pregnancy.
  • LosingIt2022
    LosingIt2022 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ldowdesw wrote: »
    My scales get me out of bed quicker than my alarm clock;)
    lol this is me too, i get so excited to see the number every morning!
  • Asmika41
    Asmika41 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm glad there are so many people here who weigh themselves every day like me. If the number goes down, woo hoo! If it doesn't, then it motivates me to be extra vigilant. So weighing every day is a good thing for me. :)

This is exactly what I'm discovering!
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Lol. I weighed in despite telling myself not to, after a 3 day city break. 3kg up. 3 days back on track, 3kgs down. Daily weighing gives a false picture, but as long as you know this, then no harm done :-)
  • cherrigreen1
    cherrigreen1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was doing that too and had to hide the scale from myself. Feel free to add me