I'm New and I love sugar

Options
Hi there, I'm in a contest with 7 friends of mine to see who can lose the most weight by June 6th. I'm looking for good tasty recipes/ideas and all the help I can find. Thank you so much.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You will want to do this in a way that becomes a lifestyle change and you can continue it all the rest of your life even after you reach your healthy and fit condition. At least, I hope you do. When you created your username you were asked to identify your activity level, your height, weight, age, and weight loss goal. I hope you were truthful with the physical descriptors and realistic with the goal. MFP gives you a daily calorie goal, and MFP credits you with exercise done. Two months is long enough for a non-serious person to give up. You're going to win because MFP gives you the power of knowledge to understand your dominant strength over the food resources available to you. With all that out of the way, I'll get to the details. Open your diary to "public". That is in the "Settings". Purchase a digital food scale which is accurate to grams. They are reasonably cheap and widely available. Weigh everything that enters your mouth. Record everything that enters your mouth. Record every physical exercise you do, even walking around a grocery store for 30 minutes at 2.5 mph counts as exercise. You'll do well to possess, or purchase if necessary, a Fitbit device or a very modern smart phone which can track and record your steps.

Your food diary breaks food into component macros. Use the power of MFP to understand what each of your foods are doing to your macros. You want to meet, not exceed, each of your macros each day. Welcome to intelligent living.
  • TiffMHM
    TiffMHM Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I've been debating a Fitbit for over a year now. I was truthful and I'll make the changes you suggested. I need a lifestyle change and have tried a few times but I always had failure in the back of my mind.
  • Oversyte
    Oversyte Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    OH! I found 2 out of 7 friends! :D Good luck!