Gaming & Sexism

Options
j_bark
j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
Haters gonna hate. But going all serious for a sec in order to hopefully make at least 1 person stop and think for second....

Decent read of someone's personal tale. Sadly she is not the only one with the tale. PS Don't be a dick to other humans.

I am a gamer. I followed the call of Cthulhu and ran in the shadows with hackers and shamans. I traversed the ancient lands of Greyhawk, Faerun, and Eberron with companions new and old. I swung from an airship and buckled swash over London for the Kerberos Club. I threw dice and flipped cards and ground men into dust playing table-top wargames.

I don’t do that anymore.

Since July of 2015 fans of the game Malifaux have been attempting to overwhelm me with death and rape threats for no other reason than I am a woman who has opinions on the game. ...

More at link.

Replies

• MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Wot m8.

I didn't like attending MTG tournies by myself but it wasn't anything horrifying
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    We've always welcomed anyone in our gaming groups... but then, now the friends all bring their parasitic goblins (children) and we teach them to game too.

In all my years I've never been part of a group that mistreated anyone for any reason unless they were a dick... in that case, they just were asked to stop attending.