I can't remember the last time I had acid reflux

Options
NorthCascades
NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
I used to get it a lot. I'm down about 85 lbs and realized it's been so long since this bothered me that I can't even remember when the last time was. Nobody ever decides to lose weight so they stop getting heartburn, but it's really nice to notice that your life has improved in subtle little ways along with the big, obvious ones. :)

Replies

• fromnebraska
    fromnebraska Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Heart burn can be a good way to help you maintain your loss too because you appreciate how you feel without heart burn even more when you get it again.
  • cmjohnson53
    cmjohnson53 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV!
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I had a touch of heartburn today as I ate some warm bread, it stopped me in my tracks. It was the first time I'd thought about heartburn or reflux since Christmas and you've just reminded me of that moment. It's a fab NSV!!
  • themeddler
    themeddler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've only lost a few pounds, but I'm trying to focus on Alkaline foods as the majority of my diet. I've noticed a noticeable decrease in heartburn, which is an awesome side effect!
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Above 280... I get it. Below 280 I don't. Such a treat. I'm now at 265 on my way down to 230. Trust I'll never have it again.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I hope this will be true for my mother as well. She suffers a lot os acid reflux issues due to weight. Until recently she did not want to believe the connection. She is now under the guidence of a licenced dietician and for the first time in years I have some faith that she will turn the corner for real and that this problem which really is imacting her sleep will soon be a thing of the past.
  • zoxer951
    zoxer951 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah, now that you mention it, I feel like I used to alway have heart burn. Now I never have it. Huh cool!
  • launchpadmkquak
    launchpadmkquak Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I had taco bell recently for the first time in a long time. Totally sucked and wasn't worth it. I had forgotten what heartburn was.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!