In need of serious help

Options
Hi guys and girls,

So, I've been on this for a while and kinda just winging it. Haven't a clue what I'm actually really doing hence this post. I've managed to get my food under control (I have loads of bad days but who doesn't?!) but...

My exercise or lack of is the problem. I work 5 days a week and just about 40-50 hours a week. I cannot really afford a gym membership because jees they are quite expensive.

I need to try and cooperate exercise into my life one way or another. Preferably something I can do at home with no equipment. I'm trying to just burn fat at the moment and then worry about the rest later.

Any ideas any workouts etc I can do in the comfort of my own bedroom and doesnt take up too much time?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    fitness blender (free workout videos)
  • sarahj95sc456
    sarahj95sc456 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    fitness blender (free workout videos)

Aw thank you so much! Just checked it out and they look pretty good. Fingers crossed
  • creativecritters77
    creativecritters77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There are lots of different fitness videos on YouTube that are quick and don't require equipment (I do all my working out on YouTube and do a different video every day). If you're looking for something really quick and effective try Tabata- a lot of the workouts are just 20 minutes but it's super effective for weight loss.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Also, if you really want to get a gym membership, there are plenty of inexpensive places. I go to the YMCA for $36.00 a month. They were running a promo that I could get a reduced rate if I listed someone as a referral and the person that referred me gets the reduced rate also. Regular price for a single person is $46 a month. Tons of classes, equipment, free weights and personal trainers for $36.00. Can't beat it.
  • julyrunner
    julyrunner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Fit Star and Sworkit are apps with good body weight exercises. Also, running is great.
  • SarahPeters3
    SarahPeters3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Anything that is high intensity and keeps you continously moving such as p90x or HIIT training if you're just looking to lose weight stick to cardio running is the best way to lose weight when it comes to exercise if you can! I know it's hard to stick to eating healthy so set little goals maybe try eating as healthy as possible during the week and have a few bad things on the weekend but it's easy to go over board quick! Good luck!
  • sarahj95sc456
    sarahj95sc456 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Also, if you really want to get a gym membership, there are plenty of inexpensive places. I go to the YMCA for $36.00 a month. They were running a promo that I could get a reduced rate if I listed someone as a referral and the person that referred me gets the reduced rate also. Regular price for a single person is $46 a month. Tons of classes, equipment, free weights and personal trainers for $36.00. Can't beat it.

That sound great but unfortunately I'm in the UK!
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    In canada, we have a fit 4 less company. $10/ month
  • Challengeacepted
    Challengeacepted Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Turn the music up and just dance! :)
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    you can find plenty of videos on youtube. i bought a couple of workout games for the wii u in order to exercise. Saves me the costs of the gym plus the embarassement of exercising in public :smile: