Can calorie counting make you late?

Options
I'm not preggo, but my little monthly friend hasn't arrived. I'm running 3 days behind. Can this be because of the calorie counting? I'm doing 1400.

Replies

• Huera629
    Huera629 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im doing 1200 and I was 4 days late last month. Very unusual for me to be late.
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Lol - after reading the title, I was envisioning you entering foods in MFP such that you were late for appointments and whatnot.

Fortunately, the actual process of counting calories does not affect your cycle, but yes - changing your diet in a significant way (or activity, or stress, etc.) can make your period late.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yes. Are you eating enough fats and oils?
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it was calorie counting or exercising more than I did when my period was regular. But a few times I was late by a few days, and normally my cycle is very predictable (every 28 days). I chalked it up to probably exercising more.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It hasn't affected my period at all. Other people seem to have had different experiences.
  • RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My first period after starting on MFP was late, but I haven't had issues since.
  • janicekdavis484
    janicekdavis484 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Okie dokie just checking. Thanks!!
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yeah losing weight and eating less can affect your cycle. I was at too low of a weight a year ago & combined with stress it made my period disappear for like, 3 months! then after slowly eating more & going in maintenance it came back no problem. sometimes my flow is lighter or a little late when my deficit is more aggressive. pretty normal I'd say!
  • Countryboy_83
    Countryboy_83 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to give to this convo im out lol
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I can trick you up in the beginning especially if you started any exercising or have become more active as well. It tapers off once your body adapts to the changes rather that be eating less calories to loose weight and/or exercising. And also loosing weight can be stressful in the beginning so this too can be a factor..