I'm Lisa and I'm a food addict :)

Options
I'm getting older and need to lose weight to help my heart and joints. I was disabled at a very young age and he hits keep coming but I refuse to go down easy!! Just reaching out to anyone else out there who find it challenging just to walk. My goal by the end of this year is to be 50 pounds (or more) lighter and be able to walk a mile. I'm right at 100 lbs overweight and want to do it right this time. Anyone want to join me?

Replies

• preachinwarrior
    preachinwarrior Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll join u!
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Me 75lbs left to goal I'm 46 my knees aren't great :(
  • Angelszophia
    Angelszophia Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    hi I'm with you.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm with you lisa. I lost 100 pounds once and alot of it is not sweating the small stuff. There are bad weeks but then there are great weeks. I need to lose 100 pounds again because I unfortunately gained all that weight back in the last 3 years because of the stress of a bad relationship and family not being supportive. I started feeling that I am not worth it so why does my health matter. I have troubles remaining positive but I know it not impossible and i am tired of caring what other people think of me. Surrounding yourself with a good group helps tremendously. I got you, let's do this. Let's be better healthy strong ladies.
  • Lisa_M_M86
    Lisa_M_M86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    sarina87 wrote: »
    I'm with you lisa. I lost 100 pounds once and alot of it is not sweating the small stuff. There are bad weeks but then there are great weeks. I need to lose 100 pounds again because I unfortunately gained all that weight back in the last 3 years because of the stress of a bad relationship and family not being supportive. I started feeling that I am not worth it so why does my health matter. I have troubles remaining positive but I know it not impossible and i am tired of caring what other people think of me. Surrounding yourself with a good group helps tremendously. I got you, let's do this. Let's be better healthy strong ladies.

We are in a similar situation unfortunately. However, mine is health issues instead of relationship issues but the emotions inasmuch as 'why does it matter', is all the same here. Seems like everything snowballs. I look up and here comes another snowball so why even try. I have a hard time remaining positive with all these balls coming at me!! (Giggles). Now that's a picture huh? The resounding message is WE DO MATTER. Sister if we are going to be here then let's be the best US we can be. I'll hold your hand and you can hold mine and we will run and fall and run and fall TOGETHER!
  • Lisa_M_M86
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    Me 75lbs left to goal I'm 46 my knees aren't great :(

I hear you!! And when you 'already' hurt, it's hard to motivate yourself to hurt some more. We can push through this together sis!!
  • Lisa_M_M86
    Options
    hi I'm with you.

And I'm with you!!!! Thanks for sharing this journey with me.
  • Lisa_M_M86
    Options
    I'll join u!

Awesome! The more the better. How much to your goal? My first goal is 45 pounds. I want to break this thing up into smaller goals for myself instead of one huge goal.
  • ThingsNotSeen13
    ThingsNotSeen13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Daniela and I'm also a recovering foodie.

Please feel free to add :smile: