Alli

Options
Has anyone on here taken Alli? What were the results? Side effects? How old were you? What was your exercise and diet regime like? Thanks ♡

Replies

• marebear31485
    marebear31485 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken it but from what I have read I wouldn't consider it. It won't help maintain long term weight loss. And I've read that it can cause anal leakage if you eat any fats
  • kalm3
    kalm3 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've heard the same as above and would personally not be willing to risk that side effect :s just good old excersice and eating less.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The side effects are difficult.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    im currently taking it - and too be honest its not making any difference. so ill be stopping soon - i think my diet is a low fat diet anyway so its not working, its expensive for what it is
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I took it about 12 years ago. I crapped myself at work. Hopefully that's enough to put you off!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Think oily orange poo and anal leakage.

Avoid.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Remember, what some people call "side effects" are not really. They're actually how the stuff is supposed to work. A simple calorie deficit never made anyone crap their pants and acted like it was a good thing.

Alli Side Effects in Layman's Terms
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Here's the recent thread I was looking for about this. Please take a look at this, OP. It's loaded with stories about people's experiences with Alli, and will hopefully answer your question:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10290083/alli-xenical-does-it-work-please-only-answer-if-you-have-actually-taken-it
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Alli makes you fearful of eating fat. So by default, you are on a low fat diet.

Cutting out most fat, or cutting out most carbs (for that matter) may help you lose weight. BUT, do they address the real problem? Dietary fat is healthy, and required for many bodily functions. Cutting almost all of that out temporarily doesn't help you keep the weight off. Alli won't teach you good eating habits for the future.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Spend $20 on a food scale instead.
    Tracking on this site (religiously) and a scale works wonders.
    Visit bbbeyond, target, or walmart for one. In the kitchen supply section.
    I also opened my diary. The feeling that someone could peek, keeps me accountable.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Here's the recent thread I was looking for about this. Please take a look at this, OP. It's loaded with stories about people's experiences with Alli, and will hopefully answer your question:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10290083/alli-xenical-does-it-work-please-only-answer-if-you-have-actually-taken-it

Thanks, you beat me to posting that link.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    Here's what most people don't know: Alli affects ALL fat, even ESSENTIAL ones. It doesn't discriminate on what it absorbs, so the "good" fats you need for optimal health and weight loss are also absorbed.
    And like any diet plan, it doesn't work without a calorie deficit. Just being on a calorie deficit alone is what one needs to do to achieve weight loss. And it's FREE.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have never thought I don't crap my pants enough, especially at work. Not going near that stuff.