Looking for plant-based friends!

Options
Hi, I'm new to MFP and am starting my journey on plant-based diet. In just 2 weeks, I am down 5 lbs. and am feeling great. I'd love to meet other plant-based friends for inspiration. Please comment if you interested in joining my circle of friends! Maria

Replies

• sarahseaya
    sarahseaya Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am plant based (meet without feet) as well. I have been since August. I find it harder to lose weight this way, so here I am on MFP. I am on a 1200 Cal diet and trying to watch my cheese and carb intake.
  • qtondalews
    qtondalews Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm plant based too. I've been slacking quite a bit lately and can see the weight coming back on. And my energy is very low. I need to get back on it and feel amazing again!! Need some motivation and inspiration to keep going. Mindbodygreen.com has plant based meal plans to help you figure out what to eat with the needs you're looking for, high protein, low sugar, high carb etc.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    sarahseaya wrote: »
    Hello, I am plant based (meet without feet) as well. I have been since August. I find it harder to lose weight this way, so here I am on MFP. I am on a 1200 Cal diet and trying to watch my cheese and carb intake.

That sounds overly restrictive and a recipe for a crash-and-burn.

diet%20list%20of%20things_zpsyv3aflqf.jpg

You don't need to diet to lose weight. Just eat less than you burn.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    sarahseaya wrote: »

That sounds overly restrictive and a recipe for a crash-and-burn.

diet%20list%20of%20things_zpsyv3aflqf.jpg

You don't need to diet to lose weight. Just eat less than you burn.

Indeed, if you are already watching your cheese intake, you don't need to skip the carbs too. Up carbs, drop/lower the cheese, or if you must I guess you can do it the other way around too.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    qtondalews wrote: »
    I'm plant based too. I've been slacking quite a bit lately and can see the weight coming back on. And my energy is very low. I need to get back on it and feel amazing again!! Need some motivation and inspiration to keep going. Mindbodygreen.com has plant based meal plans to help you figure out what to eat with the needs you're looking for, high protein, low sugar, high carb etc.

If your energy level is dipping low, try carbs. Moderate protein, n/a natural sugars, high carb!
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've recently gone vegan and have never felt better
  • Mazirene
    Mazirene Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Vegan here with open diary, feel free to add.
  • xpanda70
    xpanda70 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Vegan for many years, but new to MFP (just over a month). 10 pounds lost so far. Loving having the ability to track my protein without too much hassle! Feel free to add me.