Hello! I want to find a way to eat that doesn't involve living off of steak and pickles!

Options
Hello, this is my first time using myfitnesspal - I've been inspired by someone I follow on Instagram. I lost a stone last year through exercise and diet. The exercise part was great and I want to get back to that level of fitness again, but the diet was terrible, I was living off of steak and pickles and protein shakes - no way to live!!

I absolutely loved the way I felt, but then my business got busy, so the exercise went out the window, the ridiculous eating was not sustainable and I put on nearly everything I took off! This time, I want to continue with the exercise, and find a way to eat that is normal!

I had pretty bad depression, over putting on weight, but I am in a much better place now and am ready to start feeling good about myself again :-)

Victoria x

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    No, that sounds pretty bad to me, I can understand why the steak/pickle/proteinshake diet wouldn't work for lots of people!

The good news is that there is no rule that I know of that says you have to limit your diet to such items. What do you like to eat?

I think the most realistic way to get started is to eat regular food (with an emphasis on items that give you more nutrition for your calories) in quantities that fit your daily allowance.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Good luck Victoria! The key is planning. It's painful at first but it removes the stress around eating because you know it's all ready. Spend some time researching meals and recipes then try them out!
  • peppermintroseflowers
    Options
    Hello Pebble4321 and Buff_man, nice to meet you both!

The crazy diet I lived off of last year is out of the window, at the time I did it as I enjoyed the results, but its proof that crazy (self invented!) diets do not work or last! This time I am planning to calorie count, cut down on wheat (I find it bloats me), cut down on Chocolate (it brings me out in ulcers!) and cut out the snacking. My main meals generally are healthy, but I snack constantly on biscuits and little bits n bobs!

I definitely need to plan my days food, for two reasons, I know if I plan then I wont get distracted and secondly I am on a tight budget this year, whilst saving for a house. xxx
  • zelisky
    zelisky Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't think you gonna game any weight eating just steak and pickles, just eliminate all whites!! bread, crackers, rice, potato, eat more soap without pasta...you see!!!. a lots of water with lime. boost you food with cinnamon, red cayenne pepper, water, water.water, salad, salad, salad, snack oatmeal products. do an activity that you enjoy like walking on you favorite park. Adopt a good habit of eating, no just diet, because that will be a yo-yo circle. Make recipes daily or weekly, and buy what you need, no what you want to snack. don't buy snacks, unless they are nutritious. cheat one day a week after 2 weeks. :wink: eat a good burger. with salad in you cheating day.