Kale Shake/Smoothie?

Options
Hey everyone!

I've started eating really healthy and am interested in learning about those green healthy shakes that people drink :) Can someone please shed light on what is good in terms of those drinks? How to make them? I've been doing the gnc lean shakes and they are AWESOME but I'd like to add some type of vegetable drink to my day.

Thank you! :)
Jessica

Replies

• thaismoreira
    thaismoreira Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    In Brazil we do a lot of vegetable juices.
    The most commons ones are:
    carrots and orange juice, just bend carrots with the juice,
    beet juice, just blend beets with water,
    kale with lime juice and honey and water (my son had that a lot when he was a toddler, it is believed it helps to lose the mucus when you have an up respiratory infection)
    Also we use a lot of papaya.
    I also blend yogurt (that I make) with milk honey and fruit (banana and strawberry is a good combination).
    We use these juices as snacks and they are very popular with kids.
    I do not know the caloric content but you will notice the difference in your skin color, specially if you use carrots and papaya, lots of beta-carotene....
  • kelseyk14
    kelseyk14 Posts: 95
    Options
    My favorite Green smoothie:

5 stalks Kale
    5 stalks celery
    2 Green Apples
    1 Lemon
    tiny bit of ginger root
    1-2 Stevia packets.

Tastes like lemonade :) I will be honest the first time I made it I was a little scared but it tastes GREAT like lemonade!!
  • JessicaHamilton
    Options
    awesome! thanks :)
  • jeremymaritz
    Options
    Back when I lived in Seattle and worked for Microsoft there was a smoothie bar in my building that made these awesome smoothies containing spinach, lime juice, banana, orange and some other stuff. I've been looking for a comparable recipe for ages because it was so unbelievably good!