No more chocolate for me, I guess :(

Options
Colorscheme
Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
Whenever I have chocolate, I get tummy discomfort which includes horrible, painful cramps followed by running to the bathroom multiple times. It's so strange! I never had a problem with chocolate until now, and it's only chocolate. I can eat fettucine alfredo with no issues, or mac and cheese. But something about chocolate does me in. Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• rabbit_f00d
    rabbit_f00d Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You maybe caffeine sensitive, or possibly becoming allergic to nuts/soy/wheat/ect which are common in or are processed in the same factory as chocolate. Chocolate allergies are pretty unheard of so I'd say test plain cocoa powder to see if you have the same reaction.
  • Deckhand562
    Deckhand562 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I suddenly started having issues with Greek yogurts. I've LIVED on Greek yogurts for years, and now even a half of a plain yogurt upsets my stomach to the point I feel I just ate two Thanksgiving dinners. I cut out caffeine and sugar about four months ago, so my only chocolate (and it's become a craving) is sugar free fudge pops...I LOVE THEM! And, no discomfort at all :)
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Is it all chocolate, or one particular brand? Is it dark and milk or just one type?

I'm quite heartbroken for you if it's all chocolate. A dairy sensitivity I hadn't experienced since I was a small child reared its ugly head again about a month ago giving me all kinds of tummy woes if I eat milk/yogurt/ice cream, so I empathise with your situation!