Weight fluctuation?

Options
Hey! I'm just curious as to who else sees major weight fluctuation so I know I'm not the only one lol. The past couple of mornings in a row I've been about 141.5 pounds. This morning I weighed myself and it said 143.3 pounds. This seems like a big difference to change 2 pounds in one day. I assume it's due to water weight so I'm not stressing about it too much, it's just a little disappointing when I've been doing well with weight loss and saw the scale go up!!!

Replies

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    It's completely normal. I can fluctuate anywhere from 1-3 pounds depending on whether or not I've worked out the day before or had lots of sodium or carbs for a previous meal.
  • emililly88
    emililly88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    Yes this happens to me if I've made any of my work outs more intense or if I've eaten a lot of salt (water weight). Are any of your muscles sore? This does happen when you're body is working new areas. Don't worry! If you keep exercising, you'll notice a gain, a loss back to original, and then the actual loss about a week later (from my experience). Hope this helps!
  • Abbie918
    Abbie918 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This happens to everyone! Some people fluctuate 5-10 pounds in a day! My advice is to consistently weigh at the same time, but know that there's always going to be some variation in your weight.
  • aquablue_1111
    aquablue_1111 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Raising my hand as it happens to me too and very recently. 3 days ago, I was at my lowest weight. Yesterday, I was up 1 lb and this morning, I'm up another 1 lb.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Yep. Normal. I actually had it happen right after easter. I gained 2 lbs that stuck around for 6 days and then just fell off.
  • rachelli342
    rachelli342 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yup. Very Normal- my progress line is a big zig zag - a slightly downward trending zig zag but still there is about a 3 pound difference each day :)
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at night and in the morning. And it is incredibly different like 3-5 pds more at night. Like the body has to sleep off the dinner and take it all in.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, I accept the fluctuations. If you stress, even a little, over a couple pounds day to day it might be better for you to not weigh daily. You just have to ask yourself when you're up a couple pounds, "did I eat 7000 extra calories I wasn't aware of to gain those 2 pounds?"