Corset in the gym

Options
AlsDonkBoxSquat
AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
Ive seen a few ladies wearing a corset in the gym either under their workout gear or as their workout gear. Im not seeing the logic, anyone want to take a stab at the why?

Replies

• positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    they have a boa constrictor-related sexual fetish and this allows them to indulge in their fantasies in public

Or, more realistically, they have back problems and are using it as a back support.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    they have a boa constrictor-related sexual fetish and this allows them to indulge in their fantasies in public

Or, more realistically, they have back problems and are using it as a back support.

^Giving them the benefit of the doubt.
    Or perhaps showing off.
    Definitely not for comfort IMHO
  • lisarey1977
    lisarey1977 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's probably a waist trainer
  • Deckhand562
    Deckhand562 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen this in my gyms, but i would consider it pretty strange. I don't get the ones that wear only a bra to workout either. They're usually the ones not sweating at all...
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options

I own a few corsets, i also own a weight belt as i put out my back deadlifting at the end of last year. I can say for certain that none of my corsets would provide back support like the belt. Maybe they help to make it more obvious when you're slouching to avoid injury in the first place, but actual support? Idk
  • krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would believe that what they are wearing is a waist trainer/body shaper A waist trainer is something that can add some more definition to your waist line, when worn regularly. It also can help to slim the waist, and assist in giving the person wearing it a better posture.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    well for back support I would say yea you could use a corset, not the best option though as it's usually designed to cinch your waist not support your back. Also you don't use your own muscles as much with corset support like that. So I would say unless you have a back problem and you don't own a legitimate back support, wearing a corset at the gym is actually hindering your progress, by not making you use your own core muscles as much and it looks kinda silly.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    edited April 2016
    Options
    krissyrey wrote: »
    I would believe that what they are wearing is a waist trainer/body shaper A waist trainer is something that can add some more definition to your waist line, when worn regularly. It also can help to slim the waist, and assist in giving the person wearing it a better posture.

Could be, but all the ones that ive seen in the gym were full under bust corsets and into the hip line. Normally a corset cincher is shorter and neither cups the breasts nor goes into the hip line.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Because they listened to the moronic Kardashian's, that insist that wearing these devices will give a person a trim and "toned" midsection.
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    They do lift and seperate, or is that a Bustier?
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Ive seen a few ladies wearing a corset in the gym either under their workout gear or as their workout gear. Im not seeing the logic, anyone want to take a stab at the why?

Because of social media and stupid celebrities that swear by the corset for giving a lasting hour-glass figure. Too bad it's a huge sham. The only way to get a slimmer waist is to work out, lift and watch your nutritional intake. Idiots are the ones who wear corsets and restrict their organs and ability to breathe.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Because of social media and stupid celebrities that swear by the corset for giving a lasting hour-glass figure. Too bad it's a huge sham. The only way to get a slimmer waist is to work out, lift and watch your nutritional intake. Idiots are the ones who wear corsets and restrict their organs and ability to breathe.

^ re: the idiots: and they are also the only ones that buy into anything the moronic Kardashian's do, or say.

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'd rather see a corset in the Gym than Sweat Suits in the bedroom.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    What do these corsets look like exactly?

Because I googled corset expecting some Shakespeare in the Park type wares and got something wayyyyyy more, um...

O_O