anyone work in food service

Options
i work in food service and it is really hard to lose weight? i see food everyday and smell food? I have lost 50 and kept it off under a weight loss doctor but I just want stop thinking about food when I see it all the time? anyone else work in food service have this same problem. i have been writing down all I am eating and really trying to lose the last 20 for the last two years.

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Easy when you exercise...
  • JulieSlack
    JulieSlack Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't work in food service but I work in a home where there is always tempting food around and I swear some staff try to sabotage my healthy eating! Are you able to take your own food in, I prepare meals and snacks that I can take in so that I'm not going hungry and then won't be tempted to eat stuff I shouldn't.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I can't help much, when I did work in a little coffee cafe I ended up being disgusted by the food I saw every day. Is it possible to find a less food-oriented job and focus on something else for a bit?
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I work as a graphic designer for a contract catering company. My job is always staring at sexy photos of food. "Lauren we need more photos of sexy looking burgers" "Argh.. okay!"
    But, I manage to fast. I'm fasting twice a week, and even on fast days, I have to stare at those damn photos that have specifically been taken to look so damn appetising..
    I just pretend it's all made of plastic.
    I suspect it's more difficult when you can smell the food too.
  • tmarple93
    tmarple93 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I work at a cafe/coffee shop. I clearly can't have high calorie coffees and the panini's/wraps we serve are all pretty high calorie. Plus we have lots of yummy Bagels, cookies, Macarons, truffles, ice cream, and treats out front. But you just have to have lots of will power and focus on your goals. I bring my own lunch to work a lot or if I'm too lazy to meal prep, we also serve salads so I'll make a big one with lots of veggies and some chicken or deli meat and bring my own Dressing for it. I also make sure to have a really good breakfast before I go into work becuase if I'm starving it's way harder to resist a bagel or a giant cookie. Do I cheat sometimes? Sure. But everything in moderation. Also sometimes if I really want something I'll split it with a coworker so it's not so bad for my calorie goal. It really just comes down to how bad you want to reach your goals. If you want it bad enough, you'll find ways to get there. I always crave sweets right after lunch in the afternoon as well and it was really hard to not go upfront and grab a cookie or muffin or some truffles but I started bringing those dannon 80 calorie greek Yogurts and some mixed Berries and it really cures the sweet craving. :) they have a cherry chocolate flavor that is seriously so good. Especially with Berries mixed in it. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    ghost1224 wrote: »
    i work in food service and it is really hard to lose weight? i see food everyday and smell food? I have lost 50 and kept it off under a weight loss doctor but I just want stop thinking about food when I see it all the time? anyone else work in food service have this same problem. i have been writing down all I am eating and really trying to lose the last 20 for the last two years.

Food was only a problem for me in slow-paced food service jobs. When the pace was faster, I didn't have time to think about it.
  • jordanleighlinville
    Options
    I work at buffalo wild wings. And there's dead food(Mess ups) ALL THE TIME. I try to pack healthy snacks to keep me from eating the food. I also bartend so I'm practically never in the kitchen, which helps. Whenever your wanting some just go take a lap or go roll silverware or something