Looking for specific message pal!! I start to see changes...then BAM i go crazy

Options
it's so weird. Every time I try to lose weight I do a really great job, and I log for about 50 days and I finally start to see changes and I'm proud of myself. But then the" I'm proud of myself and everything is working really well" voice says hey you're kind of skinny now and you're on your way to success why don't you just take a few days off! it's like every time that I get to a point where I feel I'm doing well something comes up that takes me off course and for some reason I can't get past that and I let myself be taken off course and think I'll be able to get back on track. Today I am on day 51 and even though I stayed under my calories I didn't eat well and I know that's not always what affects weight loss but for me eating well aids in my loss. I did ok for breakfast- not the most healthy option, and had my regular lean cuisine for lunch...and woo hoo I'm set up for a successful day! But no- randomly I decide to get mcDonald's. Even though I probably haven't had McDonald's for dinner in literally two years. Why why why did my brain think the McDonald's was number 1 OK, number 2, a good choice and number 3 something that would keep me on track? I am looking for a very specific message pal. I would like someone who is in a similar weight-loss situation as myself, preferably a married or single woman near their mid 20s to 30s Who would like to message daily just as encouragement because I have 14 days until I head to Florida for one of the most important events of my life and even if I'm not at goal weight which I don't expect to be I would like to feel that I gave a good effort to look as good as I could in the amount of time I was focused. Additionally I would like to continue my message friendship following my return as I full and well expect to get to my goal weight and maintain. I am 5 foot six my current weight is 157 and I would like to be somewhere around 140 because I feel that near that way I should be able to reach my ultimate goal of fitting into American Eagle size 6 jeans. For those who think this post is weird it's in the motivation and support section and I felt that tonight that's what I needed so anyone who is interested in daily messaging and fits the criteria please add me and in the message write the words pen-pal. If this post sounds a little weird I was utilizing the talk to text on my phone so it may seem slightly robotic :)

Replies

• jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    O.M.G. I do the exact same thing!! Every time I see some muscle develop and a drop on the scale I go right back to old habits!
  • dawnellemom
    dawnellemom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I could have written this exact post! Weird and I'm glad to read I am not only one!!!!!
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yup. Same here! I'm like, "yay! I lost! Guess I can afford to have this .... Name a treat......!!!!" Then goodbye progress.
  • MrRosi
    MrRosi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have had a lot of trouble past couple years... I lost 40lbs.. felt great.. got hurt and gained 45lbs... last year I lost 50.. ended up having major shoulder surgery and gained 60 back... I am healed now and starting my journey again.. this time I need support as well to keep me on the right track.. I have started eating better again and back at the gym.. I am looking for the same kind of friends.

Cheers,
    Cory
  • erin_d_2016
    erin_d_2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! Maybe we should ALL be message buddies.
  • schristopher01
    schristopher01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me too. Probably sounds like a lot of women lol. I've got between 6 and 7 lbs left to lose and I'm pretty sure I'm my own biggest down fall, most days. I'm pretty knowledgeable in the diet weight-loss department so I might be able to offer you some support. You can add me if you like :)