Geeky London lady looking for buddies

Options
Hello!

I've been using My Fitness Pal for ages now but have never really gotten into the boards here so I figured I'd give it a whirl.

As the title suggests I am an easy going geeky girl from London UK looking for people to chat with and help along the healthification process!!!

So please say hi!

Betty :smiley:

Replies

• jsskcat
    jsskcat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new at My Fitness Pal and this is my first post. hope the boards and chatting with a few people will help with this journey. Nice to meet you Geeky London Lady.
    JSS-just survive somehow-if you are a walking dead fan or JSS-Just save someone if you are a fan of The Doctor.
    Now I'm showing my geek.
    jsskcat
  • BettyBaliol
    BettyBaliol Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Haa, am a fan of both and I believe that both generally apply!
  • Tualla
    Tualla Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been on My Firness Pal for awhile. Making a little progress but not much. I have just taking my focus off losing weight so much and just trying to eat healthier and incorporate exercise. Some times on the weekends I go off on binges and eat unhealthy but I typically do pretty well during the week. I feel having the support of friends helps out a lot. My name is Tualla, please my email is TuallaDRochelle@aol.com.
  • AliceinRealityLand
    AliceinRealityLand Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good Am! I have been on Fitness pal for several years now, but have never "stuck to" it. I am recently back because my husband has fallen ill, and we decided to do a family lifestyle change. This is my first time in the forums, and i know friends on the same journey is a great "stick to it" help! It is rainy here today which is probably more your norm than mine, but it is much needed and a great excuse for some self care today!
  • BettyBaliol
    Options
    Its totally true that having buddies helps. My flatmate lost a whole heap of weight last year I think?! and having him doing that while i was doing it too was a massive help. Just little things like suggesting low calorie snacks and treats and little discoveries and tips is just great. stops you going for the rubbish bit of the cupboard when your feeling wobbly!
  • RedsknU2
    RedsknU2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello All - I have been here on MFP for a bit and have had moderate success until I recently had a total knee replacement and gained everything back and then some. I am now back at it looking to drop pounds for health and the longevity of this new knee (and the one that will come alter this year). I have found it is an easier path when you have folks who cheer you on! Add me!
  • mommycurlin
    mommycurlin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am a huge walking dead fan! Trying to get healthy looking for friends to chat with for support.
  • BettyBaliol
    Options
    I so need to catch up on Walking dead! I am a few seasons behind. I keep watching old things over again. I keep saving it for a rainy day and never finding time. But then I found time for Daredevil so that blows that theory lol.
  • nfmarinio78
    nfmarinio78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Natalie and only been on a month I haven't lost anything but the app is helping me recognize my problems and what foods I need to take a look at, I definitely need to kick it up a level..
  • BettyBaliol
    Options
    I think thats one of the best things. I have tied to do food diarys in the past and never kept them going. The app is great especially the barcode reader. Its for me about changing habits. Using the food log is one I am totally there with now and its a massive help;
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm not far from you in Sussex. Anyone is welcome to add me :)
  • jsskcat
    jsskcat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Totally a walking dead fan, so sad the season ended this week. Gotta get Netflix and see Daredevil and Jessica Jones. I quit HBO so won't get to see final season of Game of Thrones.
  • SESHv
    SESHv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey was up niggas
  • freelingfree
    freelingfree Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Add me!!!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Heelllooo! Feel free to add me :-)
  • xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi Betty,

Welcome :)

Oh how i miss London. Perhaps next time i visit we may bump into each other :)

Feel free to add me so we can help out each other :)